Problem #1 (part 2)

Chapter Four

Belle's POV

"How many jewels are there, Edward?" I asked kindly.

Edward just looked into my eyes, knowing that he would regret what he was about to say.

"There are four jewels; they're located in four different countries." 

Lindsey and I looked at each other a little confused at what he had told us.

"Why are there four different stones?" Lindsey asked Mr. Edward.

"They symbolize the four different elements: fire, air, earth," he was about to say the last one, but was interrupted by us saying "And water."

"But why would they need all of the stones?" I asked as Lindsey looked back at Mr. Edward.

"Once we have all of the stones and join them and preform a spell, all hell breaks loose." He said answering her question.

"What do you mean 'all hell will break loose' when all the stones are joined?"

Lindsey asked him raising an eyebrow on hers and my face.

"When and if those stones are joined and they perform the spell on them. It means that the oceans and volcanoes will go wild. Not only that, but there will be endless earthquakes and tsunamis. It will be like the end of the world, I know this may sound crazy, especially coming from me, but, you need to find the stones and stop them."

Lindsey and I looked at each other confused at what he had just said.

"Why do you want us to stop them, wouldn't you want us dead?" Lindsey asked Mr. Edward.

"It's because I actually like it here, it is hard to believe but I actually have a friend here, and he don't know what I am." He said as he looked up at the girls.

"Look that's all I know I promise. Now, if you wouldn't mind doing me a favor................ kill me."

We looked at eachother with surprise at the request he had just made, "What," Lindsey asked "I-I thought you said you liked it here, and that you have a friend."

She looked at Mr. Edward.

"I do, but after saying everything I did, the boss will find out one way or another. So why not just get it over with?" Mr. Edward said, I nudged Lindsey telling her to step back, so they can talk.

"What should we do Linds?"  I asked her as they looked back at Mr. Edward who was still in the chair.

"I say that we respect his wishes, we have to kill him." She answered and looked into my eyes, I just nodded and turned to face him.

"Tell us one more thing," I told him.

"Anything." He answered with his voice barely at a whisper.

"Which one of us do you want to kill you?"  I asked him.

Lindsey just looked at her surprised because she didn't know I was going to ask the question.

She quickly pulled me away by the arm. "What the heck are you doing Belle?"

We both looked at each other, Lindsey more confused  "What? You said to respect his wishes, and I am."

"How are you respecting his wishes by asking who he wants to kill him?"

She looked at me, as I was looking back at Mr. Edward who was looking at the ground. I finally  looked back at Lindsey with no answer, Lindsey just looked at me rolled her eyes and sighed "Fine, fine." I gave her a look as to say 'thank you'.