Fire

This one is gonna take place in a more modern AU so uh.. yeah :)

Kya and Lin were in the kitchen at Tenzin's house. Pema had invited them over for breakfast. 

"Are you gonna eat your eggs?" Kya asked Lin. 

Lin let out a sigh and pushed her plate over to Kya. 

"Thank you." Kya leaned over and kissed Lin on the cheek. 

"Lin, I could make you more eggs if you want?" Pema said with a chuckle. 

"It's alright, Pema. Kya would just take them again anyways." Lin said. "You're the one who lets me." Kya said with a mouthful of eggs. 

"Because I love you, what am I supposed to do? Tell you no?" Lin said. 

Kya smiled at Lin. 

Kya's phone buzzed on the table. 

She picked it up and read the words on her screen. "Oh?" Kya said. 

"What?" Lin leaned over to see what she was looking at. 

"Suyin just messaged me." Kya said. 

"My sister?" Lin asked. "Is there another Suyin?" Kya said. 

Lin rolled her eyes. "What'd she say?" Lin asked. 

"She's inviting us to come over for a fire." Kya smiled at Lin. "I'm not going." Lin folded her arms over her chest. 

"Lin, it's nice to spend time with your family every once in a while." Tenzin said. 

"My mother will be there." Lin said. 

"Oh that's great! I haven't seen your mom in decades." Kya said. "Yeah well.. maybe you shouldn't." Lin looked down at her tea. "Why?" Tenzin said. 

"My mom doesn't know I'm dating Kya. She doesn't even know I like women.." Lin said. 

"Lin, how could she not know?" Pema asked. 

"I haven't seen her since we broke Su, Bataar, and the boys out of Kuvira's prison. My love life wasn't exactly the topic of the day." Lin said. 

"Lin, we should go." Kya said. 

"Kya.. I really don't wanna have to deal with my sister and my mother in the same night." Lin sighed. 

Kya pouted at Lin. 

"But.. I guess it wouldn't hurt to hang out for an hour or so." Lin gave in to her girlfriends puppy dog eyes. 

"Yes!" Kya said with a smile. 

"Hm. Well, I guess we'll see you guys there. She just invited me, Tenzin, and the kids." Pema said. 

"Ugh." Lin scoffed. 

Tenzin and Pema chuckled at the couple as Kya hugged Lin and kissed her cheek multiple times. 

"I love you." Kya said. 

"I love you too." Lin said with a sigh.

"Babe, you should probably bring a sweatshirt." Kya said to Lin before they walked out the door. 

"Why?" Lin asked. 

"It's gonna be chilly." Kya said. 

"We're gonna be by a fire. I'll be fine." Lin said. 

"Alright, but don't complain when you're cold." Kya said. 

Kya grabbed her sweatshirt and carried it out the door with her. They got in Lin's Sato mobile and made their way to Zaofu.