bro.

jungkook has had enough of it.

he's had enough of his youngest sister being sad, distracted, and depressed all week.

they had volleyball practices every tuesday to thursday and jihae was clearly out of it.

"noona! are you alright? i thought you could have digged that."

"maybe you're a little ill, jihae. take some rest. that was your third service error."

"eonnie! oh, my gosh. oh, my gosh! i'm sorry! did i hit you too hard?"

not only jungkook was worried, but also her teammates. he even had heiran give him a talk about girl problems just so he could atleast have a clue what's bothering the sophomore.

he also had a little bit of trouble with his coach since he just brought in three new members but was contented with their skills.

well, apart from jihae who had yet to prove herself. she wasn't at her best and only kept apologizing without correcting her mistakes.

jungkook couldn't get a proper chance to talk it out with her since she just sleeps during their car ride and goes straight to her room when they get home.

he can't even spend time with her during lunch breaks because she eats with that tall redhead.

he asked soyeon for help, who was just as clueless and concerned as him.

having no choice and no patience left, he met up with wooyoung and yunho hoping they knew what jihae's deal was.

"hyung!" yunho's cheery voice was heard.

"hey." jungkook greets him with a small warm smile. noticing the blonde was alone, he asked, "where's woo?"

"he said san cried because he got a C+ on a test and he wanted to stay by his boyfriend's side." the younger explained, trying not to cringe of cheesiness. "he got a D- himself but, oh well. i'll just pass the message."

the senior nodded in understanding. "okay, then. i'll just ask since i don't wanna bother you too much."

"i really don't mind, hyung."

"do you happen to know what's up with jihae?"

yunho blinked rapidly at the unexpected question. jihae told him she wasn't being obviously sad in their house so why is-

"well? do you?"

"i don't." the computer science major lied. his best friend did say not to tell a single soul because she's scared it might cause more conflicts for her and for seonghwa. she was also acting very paranoid, which was rare, making both her best friends agree. and once yunho promises, he always keeps. "sorry, hyung."

"not even a bit?" desperation in jungkook's voice can be heard. "jeez, she wouldn't even have a proper conversation with me or soyeon."

yunho mentally facepalms himself. is this what she means by not making it obvious? avoiding her siblings?

"she hasn't been talking to us much lately, too, hyung." which was true. ever since that day he reveal he's crush, both mingi and jihae had been a bit distant. sure they'd talk here and there, but it almost felt like it was out of courtesy rather than friendship.