closer.

mingi entered the cafe, a little gloomy since it was the finals. he studied twice as hard to distract himself from the feeling of hurt.

he stepped infront of the counter to be greeted by a familiar cashier.

"oh, hey. the usual?" heiran asked, his order engraved in her head.

the boy just shook his head as a no. "one black coffee please."

the cashier raised her eyebrows at the sudden change. "oh. no macchiato?"

"yeah."

"and just one?" she questioned again. she was always a bit of a talker. "i thought you had a girlfriend or-"

"are you deaf? i said one black coffee." mingi snapped unintentionally, causing tension to arise in the atmosphere.

a dangerous silence lingered before the sophomore realized his tone.

"i'm sorry, i'm just really tired." he apologetically said. "i didn't mean to raise my voice. just black coffee, please." he requested, trying his best to be polite.

"o-okay, then. it'll be out in a minute." she informed, feeling guilty that she might have stepped over some boundaries. after all, they've only greeted each other as cashier and customer or as schoolmates.

heiran watched as the boy took a seat, looking exhausted despite it being morning.

a fun, yet somewhat reckless idea came over her.

the redhead patiently waited for his order, tapping his foot on the floor. he really felt sorry about expressing his anger at heiran and was thinking of treating her during jihae's next volleyball practice.

that is, if his brave enough to see yunho.

his coffee arrived but it wasn't served alone. "sorry, i only ordered the coffee." he informed the server.

the waiter looked at his notepad then at mingi. "there's been no mistake, sir. someone must have bought it for you."

before the redhead could say anything else, he spotted a sticky note on the mint chocolate ice cream cup.

"hi. i know it's weird to have some stranger give you ice cream, but you seem bummed out about something and i kinda wanted you to cheer up. good luck on the exams today!"

the note made mingi chuckle as he looked over the counter and mouthed a thank you.

heiran released a sigh of relief, seeing that the boy didn't seem to find her annoying and returned a grin two thumbs up.

-

"i just can't believe this best friend of yours, jihae!" san exasperated at the girl, arms crossed.

"oh, no. what did he do?"

"it wasn't that bad." wooyoung pouted.

"he texted me flirty messages while in class! and the teacher caught me and confiscated my phone." the ravenette huffs, turning away his head from his boyfriend.