ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟸𝟶

Backstabber

It was already getting late and you've already washed up while Angel was combing his hair and was preparing to leave. But you worried about what happened today with Vox after he mentioned every demon lord including Lucifer wants to feed on your power. It was becoming more of an issue with you and Angel.

"Angel, are you mad at me?" You asked gripping your blanket as he looked over at you in the mirror and remained silent.

You didn't say anything else instead got under the covers feeling sorrow building up inside. Angel's heels clicked the hardwood floor as he sat on the edge of the bedside sighing heavily.

"This whole mess is just messing up my head. It's not your fault Y/N." He responded not looking at you but clutch the sheets of the bed. "I know you think I'm upset. I'm only worried about you and how I'm going to keep you safe."

You still didn't say anything only to listen to his words as he chuckles softly, "But just remember I love you, Y/N. Don't ever forget that."

He reached back to comb through your hair and smiled sadly before standing up to leave out of the room and locked the door behind him. You sat up looking around the darkroom and held your knees over your chest and climbed out of the bed walking over to the balcony. You admire the city view as the devil star sign of the moonshine bright in the sky and your smile sadly.

"I wish my life wasn't in this mess. I'm only causing so much trouble for everyone because of me." You quivered as tears began to fall on your cheeks until you saw a shadowy figure emerge behind you to throw over a sack.

"Perfect. I think Valentino and I will have plenty of fun with you, child." Vox cackled throwing you behind his shoulders to hop on one building to another taking you somewhere.

~Earlier~

The studio was crowded with demons drinking and doing drugs to keep themselves high. In the corner, Valentino was counting his money while smoking his cigar until Vox enters with a wide grin on his face.

"What's got you smiling, Vox?" Valentino asked not looking up and continued to count his money.

Vox chuckled, "Oh, I just happened to meet Angel somewhere nearby not alone, but had a child with her."

Valentino scoff, "So? What about it?"

"The child sir is the one that possessed the incredible power that Lucifer wants for himself."

As Valentino stopped counting he glanced at the tv demon with a devious grin on his face. He slammed his money down taking out his cigar to puff out the smoke and smirked.

"That child is worth millions if Lucifer thinks he can have her for himself." He snickered. "Vox, do me a favor tonight because we are going to keep that child for ourselves. Do you know how much money we can receive with that brat?"

"Oh, I love the way you think sir," Vox smirked.

"Indeed, I do, baby." Valentino cackled.