Prologue

Ichi's P.O.V.

I just returned home from school. My new friend April O'Neil walked me home, because New York City is a dangerous place, and I had just moved here from Japan.

This Friday night my little sister Sakura was at a sleepover with her new friends. She has never been at a sleepover before. I hope she does well. Anywizzle, we reached my apartment building.

"Well, Ichi, hope you have a good weekend in the Big Apple!"

"Thank you!" I said back. I climbed the stairs to reach our apartment. Luckily, my dad was able to rent a good one.

I opened the door and flopped myself onto the sofa in the living room. I sighed loudly to myself. "Tough day?" My mom called from the kitchen.

"Yeah." I muttered. "There's some food in the fridge." She said. I opened the fridge door and took out a pack of noodles.

I went to my room and locked myself inside, eating the noodles and thinking about my day. I felt some sort of uneasiness, like I was being watched through my little balcony window.

I looked out, but there was no one there. I shrugged to myself. It's probably just my head, I thought.

I whipped out my phone from my bag, and started texting April.

Me: Hey! You wanna talk tonight? :3

April: Sorry! I'm busy tonight with friends!

Me: Oh ok! Text me when you're free!

I opened the window for some fresh air. I put my phone back and lay down on my bed. I looked at the ceiling while listening to the noise of cars and trucks screeching on the road, and people chatting and shouting.

Wait a minute, I thought, why would April be busy with friends at this time of night? Is she also having a sleepover? Oh, well, it's none of my business.

Before I knew it I was asleep. It was around midnight that I woke up to a loud buzzing noise. I woke up to see a huge purple mosquito coming towards me.

I yelled in fright as it buzzed towards me, ready to attack. I used my arms to shield me from it. Big mistake.

It bit me, and I began to feel woozy. I got out of the bed and stumbled towards the mirror. I looked at my face in horror as my nose became elongated and lizard-like. I felt my arms and legs become longer and sharper.

I started feeling a little bit chilly. Then I heard the tearing of cloth behind me. I looked at my behind, and there was a lizard tail with feathers around the tip.

I placed my longer, sharper fingers to my cheeks and felt a leathery, scaly skin. I tried not to scream until my mother called from outside my room. "Ichi! Are you ok?" She yelled.

"Y-yes! I- I'm alright!" I rushed to me and my sister's bathroom and locked myself there. I stared at myself in the mirror and smacked my face around a lot. I even had some kind of frill-ears on my head to replace my hair.

"Please", I whispered, "please, let this be a dream!" I sat on the toilet seat and hugged my knees. "Please,please,pl-"

"Ichi! Open the door NOW!!" Sakura pounded on the door. " I have to pee!" She yelled.

"I thought you were at a sleepover!" I yelled back.

"I couldn't sleep, so Dad picked me up! Now open the door!! Or else I will tell Mommy!"

I just stayed quiet while my sister was screeching her throat for Mom. I really wished I could be a human again. I waited a few hours until the house was finally quiet before I tip-toed back to my room.

I wish I could be human again,I wish I could be human again,I wish I could be human again...

I fell asleep.

A/N: I want to get some personal information first before I drive into different territory. The first few chapters should answer questions like: what of the parents? How did I turn into a mutant?