part 13

Zuko's POV-
It hurt. It hurt so bad. That's all I could think as I felt Azula's lightning charge into my chest, I was protecting Katara because I knew she could heal me all I had to do was wait for her to finish off Azula 'Stay awake dont fall asleep' is all I could think as I closed my eyes hearing faint sounds of fire and chains. Soon Katara ran to me and began healing "Zuko? Zuko please be okay. We need you, Sokka needs you." She said crying. I opened my eyes at hearing the love of my lifes name "Katara" I said slowly and painfully "Your going to be okay Zuko, we won. We beat Azula and I haven't heard that Ozai won so I hope we won for good." Katara said tears in her eyes as I felt a wave of relief "I need to talk to her." I said Katara nodded and lifted me up with her arm on my shoulder. We walked over to see Azula screaming and crying fire, once she calmed down I began talking "Azula I'm sorry but this had to be done. We need to restore peace to the world, I hope one day we can heal our relationship." I said, I still loved my sister and wanted to help her as best I could but I knew it would be hard to build her back up after Ozai brought her so far down. She didnt say anything. Katara built a wall of ice around her in case she tried to break out of the chains. Katara laid me back down and kept healing "Is Sokka okay?" I asked knowing she wouldnt have an answer "I hope so." She said frowning with her hands wrapped in water hovering my chest. I leaned back and shut my eyes there was no way I could know Sokka was okay but I saw the comet disappearing. If there was no announcement declaring victory before the comet left I knew we had won. And I was right. The comet left the sky revealing the stars. Me and Katara stayed there until I could walk on my own. Soon we heard the familiar sound of Appa. I got up as fast as I could falling down in pain before even staring to walk. "Zuko!" Katara said racing next to me "You have to be careful" I nodded and we gor up with Katara mostly holding me up. As the bison got closer I could see Sokka, Toph, Aang, And a helpless looking Ozai. I flinched at the sight of him. "He looks... almost dead." Katara said with shock as the bison started to land. "Sokka!" I yelled trying to run but Katara holding me "Slow down we can walk" Katara said starting to walk towards the bison "Zuko!" I heard from the familiar voice. Aang and Toph were asleep and Sokka was stearing his leg looked to be positioned weird but I didnt think about it. When we got to the byson Aang woke up and got Toph up "Sokka let me help you, you cant put any weight on your leg "Aang what happened?" I asked with a worried look "I took Ozais bending and we'll throw him in jail. I couldnt end his life but this makes him defenseless and weak." Aang said guiding Sokka off the byson "Sokka!" I said walking towards him as he got down, I hugged him harder than I ever have "I love you Sokka, I'm so happy your okay." I said feeling so relieved he was alive "I love you too baby. What happened to your chest?" He said looking down at my bare chest since my shirt was pretty much torn to shreds "I got hit protecting Katara." I said pulling him in again not wanting to let go "You got blasted by lightning to save Katara?" He asked with his eyes wide in shock "Of course I did, Your all like family to me and I would do anything to protect any one of you." I said pulling away and looking at everyone. Sokka had tears in his eyes and i grabbed his hand "what happened to your leg?" I asked rubbing my thumb on the back of his hand "I broke it" he said wiping his tears "Here, Aang grab Zuko I need to heal Sokka." Katara said grabbing onto Sokka "I can stand on my own Katara I only fell because I was running." I said chuckling "Fine just try and stay still" Katara responded healing Sokka like she did me. After an hour of healing me and Toph were asleep on Appa and Aang was telling Katara what happened when he fought my father, who was it a temporary cell made of rock by Aang. I slightly woke up as a par of warm arms wrapped around me. Those arms belonged to Sokka, I moved closer to him and fell back asleep. When I woke up I was still on Appa with Sokka but everyone else was around a small fire with Azula and Ozai trapped in small rock formations. I sat up and noticed we were right outside the fire nation. "Where are we?" I asked unsure of when we left the palace "Oh good your up here put this on." Aang said handing me some clothes "Now that we brought down Ozai and Azula you are expected to take the throne. We need to go back to the palace and arrange that."