nine.

day 01 with ???
18:51

things went smoothly afterwards. it was a good idea that i ordered donuts since, apparently, five chicken wraps weren't enough to satisfy the needs of the boy.

regardless, he's eating a donut, and it's a miracle that he isn't making much of a mess. when he does, he brushes it off his shirt.

i did notice the scent he had, and it's pleasing unlike earlier. to put it simply, he smells like cologne and baby powder. other than that, he's getting a little comfortable as the time passes by. although my voice sometimes startles him a little, he doesn't look around anxiously anymore. he still fidgets with his fingers though.

now that i realize, i haven't gotten his name at all. "okay, i'm sure you know what your name is." i start as he continues to munch on his chocolate donut. "what is it? your name?"

he doesn't respond, only the sounds of eating was present. i sighed, "this sucks, what am i gonna call you then, chicken little?" as i was rambling, something clicked in my mind. i recalled seeing a bunch of papers inside the box, and it could be something important about him.

i get up, taking the box that was just across the room and I inspect to see its contents, and i was right. there's a bunch of papers scattered in the box, along with a large envelope. i hope it's actually important.

and it is. it's his legal papers.

"finally, some good shit." i muttered to myself, before reading what's written on the paper, and it's his birth certificate. "oh fuck, he's older?"

the paper reads, september 15, 1992.

"pfft." i place the paper inside the envelope, then grabbing the passport. i gently flip the cover open, going through a few pages till i reach the page where it has his information on it. "hmm.. looking decent, mister... oh, park jaehyung."

my eyes were still at the picture of the boy. he looks cleaner, and healthier. his eyes had some crazy dark circles though, but it's nothing compared to what he has now.

i get up, walking to my room as i pull the drawer of my cabinet open. the cursed drawer, the drawer that started all of this. whatever, not like it's gonna apologize to me anyway.

placing the documents inside, ibslammed the drawer shut. i could've sworn i heard a few thuds coming from the cabinet, but i don't bother. the last time i did, it didn't really end well.

when i went back to the living room, the boy— or jaehyung had a perplexed look on his face. probably from the sound of the drawer being slammed. "it's nothing." i say, and he blinks a few times before going back to eat.

falling back on the seat beside him, i lean over his ear and whispered, "hey, jaehyung." i call with a sly smirk, and he turns his head to face me, his expression lighting up. "it's your name, yeah?"

"jae– jaehyung.." he mumbles, "my name."

"oh?" i quirked, "you seem to know your name, you're not that dumb after all." i felt a little proud of him, and i couldn't help ruffle his hair. i feel like a dad now.

he turns himself to face me, with a stupid smile on his face. "jaehyung, my name." he says again, and he seems proud of himself as well. i chuckle, it's like he learned a new language.

"sounds good, jaehyung."

not me fluctuating from short to long to short chapters all over again?? am i ok