Hopeful

26 ABY

26 ABY

Luke Skywalker's Jedi Temple

Two years before its destruction...

Sweat descended her forehead and onto her brows before she swiped it away with her arm. Her breaths were coming out ragged and rough as her heart pounded against her flesh while her grip tightened around her disengaged lightsaber. She slowly got up from where she had fallen, sore to her very core. She shook it off and faced her opponent with an increased determination.

"Again." She breathed out and ignited her lightsaber once more.

Her opponent scoffed at her before smirking, "And here I thought you were going to let an old man best you." He said as he twirled his green hue ignited lightsaber in his hand before getting into the dueling stance.

Their lightsabers clashed, green against purple. Klara gave him an amused smile before pushing away. "You are a Jedi Master after all, and I, a soon to be Jedi Knight."

He moved to attack her once more. Klara evaded it and rolled to the side before getting back up and blocking his oncoming attack again. It was a dance of attacking and blocking between them both that seemed to be never ending, He would attack, she would block and then attack resulting in him blocking. He wasn't a Jedi Master for nothing, and Klara was determined to knock him down so he could feel the very soreness she had felt.

They came together again, locking their lightsabers together and both staring at the other. Him with a more amused look that Klara wanted to knock off. Thinking quickly, she pushed him with her lightsaber and withdrew their interlock. She smirked at him.

"Catch." She shouted as she disengaged her lightsaber and tossed it to him. His confused state was enough for her to slide to him and swipe her legs under his feet while he caught her lightsaber. He fell, tumbling to the ground as she snatched her lightsaber from his grip and summoned his lightsaber to her other hand. She ignited both, pinning him down as her breaths became noticeably labored. He simply looked at her with bewilderment as he slowly held his hands up in defeat. She smiled, pleased, before disengaging both lightsabers and helping him up.