{THE GOD COMPLEX - 4}

Votes and Comments are really appreciated as I thrive off validation! 

"What is it, a minotaur or an alien? Or an alien minotaur? That's not a question I thought I'd be asking this morning

"What is it, a minotaur or an alien? Or an alien minotaur? That's not a question I thought I'd be asking this morning..." Amy asks when she gets up and sees they're in a control room.

"It's both, actually. Yeah. Here we go," he fiddles with some buttons and the reads off a holographic database "Distant cousin of the Nimon. They descend on planets and set themselves up as gods to be worshipped. Which is fine, until the inhabitants get all secular and advanced enough to build bonkers prisons,"

"Correction. Prisons in space," Rory is looking down through a porthole with Alex and Gibbis.

"Where are the guards then?" Willow asks, looking over The Doctor's shoulder.

"No need for any. It's all automated. It drifts through space, snatching people with belief systems and converts their faith into food for the creature,"

"See that planet there?" Gibbis asks Rory and Alex, and Willow walks over to see.

"Which one?"

"There. The grey one there,"

"Mmm hmm,"

"That's where I'm from,"

"It didn't want just me, so you must believe in some god or someone, or they'd have shown you the door too. So, what do Time Lords pray to?" Amy asks The Doctor and he's silent, but as he goes to continue with his explanation, his eyes betray him when he glances to Willow, Alex and Rory, then back to Amy. And she understands.

"According to the in-flight recorder, the programme developed glitches. It got stuck on the same setting, the fears from the people before us weren't tidied away," The Minotaur starts growling.

"What's it saying?" Amy walks up to it

"An ancient creature, drenched in the blood of the innocent, drifting in space through an endless, shifting maze. For such a creature, death would be a gift. Then accept it, and sleep well." The Doctor grabs his hand in comfort before standing and starting to walk towards to TARDIS "I wasn't talking about myself," and with that, the Minotaur dies and The Doctor gets to the TARDIS doors.

"Could I have a lift? Just to the nearest galaxy would do," Gibbis asks and The Doctor nods quietly, taking out his keys.

----------&----------

The TARDIS materialises on a leafy suburban street, with a row of terraced houses opposite a small park. One of them is baby blue, with a dark blue door and has a well-preserved E-type Jaguar parked outside.

"Don't tell me. This isn't Earth, that isn't a real house. And inside lives a goblin, who feeds on indecision," Amy jokes as they all step out of the TARDIS.