{THE ANGELS TAKE MANHATTAN - 3}

"This place is policed by Angels

"This place is policed by Angels. Every time you try to escape, you get zapped back in time," The Pond family are in Old Rory's apartment, sat in the living area.

"So, this place belongs to the Angels? They built it?" Amy asks

"Displacing someone back in time creates time energy, and that is what the Angels feed on. But normally, it's a one off, a hit and run. If they could keep hold of their victims, feed off their time energy over and over again -" The Doctor trails off "This place is a farm. A battery farm..." The Doctor looks over at River "How many Angels in New York?"

"It's like they've taken over every statue in the city," she replies, looking down at her scanner.

"The Angels take Manhattan because they can, because they've never had a food source like this one," The Doctor sighs

"The city that never sleeps," Willow mutters from her spot on a sofa. Slow heavy footsteps can be heard and The Doctor looks out the window

"What was that?" Rory asks him

"I don't know. But I think they're coming for you,"

"What does that mean? What is going to happen to me? What is physically going to happen?"

"The Angels will come for you," Willow starts, looking up sadly "They'll zap you back in time to this very spot, roughly thirty, forty years ago. And you'll live out the rest of your life in this room, until you die in that bed..."

"And will Amy be there?"

"No," the Doctor answers instantly

"How do you know?" Amy turns to her friend

"Because he was so pleased to see you again..."

"Okay. Well, they haven't taken me yet. What if I just run? What if I just get the hell out of here? Then that never happens," Rory keeps firing out questions, trying to find an escape from his death.

"It's already happened! Rory, you've just witnessed your own future," The Doctor is clearly distressed.

"Doctor, he's right," River tries to start

"No, he isn't,"

"If Rory got out, it would create a paradox," Willow stands up and the slowly footsteps start again "They're coming..." she mumbles

"What is that?" Amy is also agitated. 

"This is the Angels' food source. The paradox poisons the well. It could kill them all. This whole place would literally unhappen," River agrees with her sister who after getting up, is now leaning on the arm of the sofa.

"It would be almost impossible,"

"Loving the almost," River smiles

"But to create a paradox like that takes almost unimaginable power. What have we got, eh? Tell me. Come on, what?!" The Doctor looks at the room which is now filled with tension, everyone in there annoyed with him.

"I won't let them take him," Amy marches over to her Husband, grabbing his hand "That's what we've got," Amy stares at The Doctor, challenging him whilst the footsteps get louder

"Whatever that thing is, it's getting closer," Rory says nervously

"Rory, even if you got out, you'd have to keep running for the rest of your life. They would be chasing you forever," The Doctor warns

"Well, then. Better get started," Amy opens the apartment door, getting ready to leave, and there's an angel right outside "Husband, run!" the rush out and the lights flicker

"Willow, I'm not sure this can work," The Doctor tells her, as him, her and River stare at the angel, figuring out a route to take since it's gotten close.

"Husband, shut up," They go to leave but lights flicker and the three are pushed back. When the lights are back on, several angels are looming over them.

-----

Amy and Rory run downstairs, but are met by angels, Amy thinks quickly "Up!" she orders

"What good's up?"

"It's better than down!" Amy grabs Rory's hands again and drags him up.

-----

The Doctor is holding his sonic up to keep the light on, and his other hand is grasped around Willow's. River is next to Willow as they all stare at the Angles

"We can't keep doing this,"

"Any ideas dear?" Willow asks, panic and irritation coming through in her voice

"Yeah, the usual. Run!" Willow grabs River's hand as she's pulled out the room. As they meet the angels on the stairs, Amy and Rory make it to the roof and are shocked when The Stature of Liberty is right next to the building, with the face of an angel.

"I always wanted to visit the Statue of Liberty. I guess she got impatient..." Amy and Rory stare at her as back on the stairs, The Doctor pulls his wife and Sister-in-law up.

"Okay! Fire escape!"

Back on the roof, Rory seems to be thinking about something before he runs behind Amy, looking down the edge of the roof.

"What? What is it, what?" she asks

"Just keep your eyes on that!"

"Is there a way down?"

"Er, no. But there's a way out..."

-----

Bock on the fire escape, there's a lot of swearing from Willow as she tries to climb the ladder with her stomach.

"This is the worst experience of my life,"

"Really?" River asks disbelief in her voice

"Why..." Willow pants, still climbing "Did this have to happen now?"

"Why did I have to happen at all?" The Doctor grumbles, above Willow on the ladder. There'd been a silent agreement that she'd be in between the in between two just for general safety.

Finally, the three scramble up the ladder. Willow hears The Doctor before she sees her parents.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Willow climbs off the wall, and her eyes widen, stopping in her tracks when she sees Amy and Rory on the wall on the edge of the roof.

"Changing the future," Amy is staring into Rory's eyes as she clings on to him "It's called love," she quotes River before she and Rory lean and fall off the Winter Quay.

"Amy!" The Doctor runs to the edge "Amy!" 

Willow also runs, calling out."Mum! Dad!" she stares down at the floor where their bodies lay, tangled with each other Ooh god," Willow covers her mouth as she sobs into it.

"Doctor!" River shouts and him and Willow turn to look at River, the roof is being absorbed by a bright white light and white balls bounce around "What's happening?!"

"The paradox!" Willow shouts

"It's working! The paradox is working!" The Doctor grabs his wife's hand and the building is absorbed in bright light.