-chokehold-

Over the next couple of hours, the camp introduced themselves to Rick. 

They all got to know him and his time before he found the camp; he had also made everyone aware of Merle. 

Theo knew that Merle had a mouth on him. He was a complete douche; he was always high on any drug he could get his hands on; he was loud and obnoxious; he was a tall bald man with a broad southern accent, broken teeth and a rotten smile; he was horrible, inside and out.

"Well, shit", Theo sighed, everyone looking at her confused. 

She looked at everyone's confused faces, sighing. 

"I mean, of course, it's probably the best option, but he has family here; no one deserves that. You know he isn't going to take this well?" she asked, looking around at everyone, people knowing instantly.

"Daryl," Rick took a deep breath before looking at Theo. 

"Daryl. That's his brother, the last member of his family he has here." Theo looked at her dad, annoyed. "I understand Merle is an asshole, but I think you are forgetting every able body we have; the better chances we have" Theo shook her head, annoyed. 

"I should talk to him. Where is he?" Rick asked, getting up and looking around for Daryl. He had no idea what he looked like, but he had an idea. 

"You know they aren't alike. They have the same blood and accent but are two opposite brothers," Theo explained, standing with her father. 

"I think you should probably let Theo tell Daryl", Dale explained as Rick looked at his daughter worried. 

"Why?" 

"They talk, but Daryl doesn't do that with many other people here," Shane finished, taking another bite of his food, completely losing interest in the conversation. 

"It's just the way we met." Theo nodded as she stood up to find Daryl.

He stayed away from everyone else; he wasn't much of a people person.

She kept walking when a stick behind her snapped.

"It's me", she announced, knowing it was Daryl sneaking about.

He came out while lowering his crossbow back to his side.

She turned to look at him, his piercing blue eyes always being the first thing she saw. 

"Is your daddy back?" he asked in a sarcastic tone. His deep Southern accent sometimes made it hard to understand him.

Theo rolled her eyes.

Daryl wasn't like his brother, not really. Sure, their accents were the same, and their people skills matched, but Daryl was in the back. He wasn't really one to be known. His dark hair was short on his head, and his constantly being out hunting and catching our food meant he was always dirty. But considering that he probably saved Theo's life the day they met, she considers him more likeable than he lets off.

"Yeah, but that's not why I came out to see you," she said slowly, walking over to him.

"Merle back?" he asked, looking over toward the camp. He began walking towards it.

"Wait!" She stopped him. "He didn't return with them..." she explained calmly and quietly.

"Where the hell is he, then?" he asked, annoyed. He looked the girl up and down. 

It wasn't like they were the closest brothers; they constantly argued and fell out, but it was still his blood.

"What happened?" he asked, sitting down at his tent, playing unconsciously with the bolts she had made.