-close call-

People were talking as Theo put the gun down, grabbed the axe, and handed the other to Daryl as they tried to make a dent in the door. 

Theo was about to take another swing when the door opened, making her jump. She accidentally dropped the axe and ran back towards her mother and brother. 

"Come on!" Daryl yelled, mostly at Theo, not caring about leaving anyone else behind but Theo. 

"You okay?" She asked her brother.

 He nodded as Lori and Carl followed her closely. 

"Dad!" Theo yelled back, but he continued to talk to Jenner in what seemed to be a very private matter. 

She continued anyway, wanting to get Carl out and far away from the CDC.

They ran as fast as they could and sprinted until they finally saw the doors.

"Shoot them open!" Shane yelled, so they tried. 

Nothing was working; they tried to smash through the doors, but no cracks appeared. 

Theo held Carl close as he cried. 

"Where is Dale?" Theo asked, noticing a few of them were missing.

"Andrea and Jacqui aren't coming; he's trying to get them to leave with us," Lori explained to her daughter.

Theo panicked, knowing it was minutes away from those HITs hitting.

"Rick, I might have something that might help. That first morning, when you came to camp, I found this in your pocket," Carol began as she reached into her bag.

She bought out a grenade and handed it to Rick. 

Everyone looked hopeful; that could be the key to them getting out. 

Thank god for Carol. 

"Hurry up," Theo cried as she ran back, making everyone follow her.

 She knew they had to put space between her people and the window.

Rick ran to the window, pulling the grenade pin, before running away.

He was thrown into the air as Theo covered Carl and Sophia with her body as the glass was wholly smashed.

They looked back but didn't stop; they ran straight through the window.

Theo noticed the large cut on her arm as the group ran, followed by a few pieces of glass stuck in her arm and hair. 

They ran out of the building and were immediately met with a couple of walkers, nothing they couldn't handle.

They ran to the trucks, and Theo quickly got into Daryl's truck, him sliding in after her. 

"Look," Theo pointed out to Daryl as Dale and Andrea left the building.

She smiled, knowing she wasn't losing Dale, but immediately frowned, as Jacquie wasn't with them.

"Get down!" Lori yelled out to Dale and Andrea as they panicked, jumping into a small ditch in the ground. 

"Get down", Daryl repeated as Theo covered her head and slid down as far as she could into the footwell. 

Daryl did the same, covering Theo as well as himself, taking her body into his, covering everything he could with his own, shielding her from the impending explosion. 

Without seeing the HITs, suddenly, an explosion shook the truck, and black smoke and bright orange flames that burned the skin without even being close engulfed the CDC.