💬Wilted Pt.2💬

Zedaph knew his time was coming. He just didn't know exactly when. So he spent the past two months, after the picnic, with Impulse and Tango as much as he could.

They would have sleepovers, play new minigames, pull little pranks on each other and other hermits, even pull other hermits to hang out with them.

Impulse and Tango knew that Zed was gonna leave soon, and it saddened them. But they pushed through the pain, wanting to make the best of what time they had left.

They always hugged Zed once their day was over, saying goodbye as if it was the last, since it possibly could be.

The other hermits knew by now of the situation, and the news only caused hermits who didn't know the ghost well to try and get to know him.

Zedaph honestly liked the company. He hated being alone, so always having a friend to talk to was great.

Today, Zedaph awoke to find himself floating above his bed instead of laying in it. This happened a lot more often since he told everyone what he was, so he brushed it off and laid back onto the bed. When he fell through the bed, that's when he started to worry.

He tried standing up, floating with his body halfway through the bed. He took a deep breath as he moved to float beside the bed, trying to become solid again.

It didn't work.

He fumbled for the communicator on the bedside table, having learnt he can touch it despite being in full form.

Picking up the device, Zedaph floated to sit in the air, trying to make the best of the situation despite his stress. He didn't know how much longer he had, so he just sent a brief message to the server chat.

[Zedaph]: It's happening. I'll miss you all.

Tears peaked in his eyes as he curled up on himself, gripping the communicator close to his chest. He heard the stream of notification sounds from the panicked hermits.

The device fell from his hands, through his torso and onto the ground. The sound of it hitting the floor was accompanied by a loud chorus of rockets being fired.

Tango and Impulse, along with Iskall, Xisuma and Etho, burst into the base, rushing towards the bedroom as fast as they could. The group opened the door, barely able to see the translucent man floating in the middle of the room.

"Zed?" Impulse called out, his voice cracking slightly as tears began to fall.

The ghost turned to face his friends, all colour in his figure replaced by shades of grey and white. He let out a small choked sob, wanting to hug them one last time.

He really didn't want to leave them, no one wanted him to go either. And so whatever or whoever was causing this to happen decided to be kind.

Zedaph let out a yelp, falling to the ground as all colour and solidness came back to him.

Tango let out a gasp, being the first at Zedaph's side once he recovered from the shock. Iskall made his way over, helping Zedaph sit up.

Xisuma quickly pulled up the player logs as Etho and Impulse joined the other three.

"Guys.." Xisuma started, catching everyone's attention.

"Zedaph's human now. He's not a ghost anymore." Everyone was quiet after the news.

Tango and Impulse had their arms wrapped tightly around their best friend, as if he could disappear again at any second.

"W-what? How is that p-possible?" Zedaph questioned, wiping Impulse's tears with a free hand while the other was pinned by Tango.

"Your coding, it's changed. I didn't do anything but now its changed. Wait a moment.." Xisuma kept reading the admin screen, bringing nervousness back to the group.

"It says human with a question mark. Zed, try floating." The blonde nodded a little, closing his eyes to focus.

He floated upwards slightly, pulling the two Americans with him. He opened his eyes, blinking in surprise.

"You still have your abilities!" Tango exclaimed as Zedaph landed back on the ground.

"And you stayed solid while floating. You couldn't do that before." Etho added, earning a smile from the ghost person.

"Maybe.. I was given a second chance to be with you all." Zedaph said, tears in his eyes.

Tango went to wipe the tears, sighing softly.

"Don't cry, Zeddy. You aren't gonna lose us."

Xisuma sent a quick message to the chat, telling everyone the news that Zedaph was okay and not gone.

Iskall, Etho and Xisuma decided to leave the team to relax together, seeing as they would need it.