-breaking point-

Today, the plan for the group was to introduce those unfamiliar with weapons and be taught how to use them with some target practice, Shane and Rick teaching everyone in the group. 

Theo, however, wasn't going. 

Theo, however, had a different plan. She was determined to learn to use Daryl's crossbow, a testament to her respect for him and her determination to master the weapon, but also a way to talk to him about the argument they had that previous night. 

Due to an injury, Daryl stayed at the farm and could not join everyone for target practice. 

Theo walked over to Daryl; he stood up as quickly as possible once he noticed her.

"Hey," he said awkwardly.

"Come with me and bring your crossbow," She snapped without even looking in his direction. 

So he did; he followed her towards the woods, away from the others. 

She found a place where there were a lot of trees but also had a few walkers lurking.

"What are we doing?" he asked her, confused about what they were doing in the middle of nowhere.

"You're going to teach me to use your crossbow," She said firmly, not wanting to argue.

"Okay, only if you forgive me," he asked, making her raise an eyebrow.

"I haven't heard a sorry yet, " She said, crossing her arms.

"I'm sorry, and I truly mean it," he said, nodding at Theo.

She tilted her head and thought about it.

"Fine, but I'll make sure to punch you in the face next time," she warned, pointing her finger sternly at him.

"Deal, but there won't be a next time", he confidently said, winking at her.

"For the sake of your face, you had better make that promise," she winked back.

"I promise," he said, holding out his pinky.

She grabbed his pinky, which led him to stick out his elbow. 

She gave him a confused look.

 He bumped her elbow with his, then held out his fist, which she bashed with hers.

"See, now we have a handshake", he smiled childishly.

"And I am now 12 again," She smiled back.

"Okay, I'll show you first", Daryl said, loading up the crossbow. He aimed it at a walker that was previously far away, but now much closer; he pulled the trigger and killed it straight away.

"These are called bolts, not arrows; they are smaller, which makes them lighter," he explained, making everything look so easy." 

Another walker appeared.

"So, reload," he said, handing her the crossbow.

She reloaded it and struggled for a moment but got it in soon after.

"Take off the safe", he reminded, so she did. "Then aim and shoot" just like that.

Theo looked down at the crossbow and tried to aim the bolt with the walker, but she missed.

Daryl quickly killed the walker before it could get too close before propping it against a tree.

"Okay, close", he explained while walking behind her. She reloaded and held it back to eye level, struggling shortly due to the weight.