Chapter 5

A/N: Hi everyone! I hope that you have all enjoyed my fanfic so far! I'm trying to get 100 reads, so if you could spread the word, that would be amazing! Just to let you know, the auditions and stuff isn't the correct dates. Sorry! Enjoy!

-Katie

Chapter 5

-----One week later-----

My birthday was officially in one week. November 21st. I was so excited. I would be seventeen. As of a few days ago, I had my license, but I liked my mom bringing me to school, so it didn't make much of a difference. And I've been going to Niall's almost everyday, and I enjoyed riding with him. As I closed my locker, my new friend Adriana came running up to me. "Nicole!!!" I smiled warmly.

"Yeah?"

"You'll never believe this!"

"Try me."

"Okay, soIwaswalkingbyNina'slockerandIsawJoshstandingrightnexttoherandbeforeIknewithegaveherthiscutelittlekissand..."

"Whoa! Okay, slow down! Josh kissed Nina?" she nodded excitedly. I smiled, but on the inside, I was not happy. This means that he'll probably be sitting with us at lunch everyday. I've been trying to avoid him. I guess there always comes a time to face my fears. "That's great! She's liked him for ages!" As far as she told me, she has. Adriana nodded, then ran off. I laughed. She was probably the most enthusiastic, gossipy person I knew. I walked outside of the building, and Niall was waiting for me in his usual place. I waved to a group of my friends as I walked over, feeling bad for him as usual, because he didn't have like any friends. And it was all because he was quiet. He was definitely the best looking guys in school, I've heard people say it multiple times. No one wants to be his friend or anything though because they'd be knocked right off he popularity chain. I, becoming extremely popular in just a few days, was a different story. I made it known that I didn't care what people thought of who I hung out with, so no one thought anything of it.

"Hey," I said as I swung into the passenger side.

"Hey, how was your day?"

"Same as usual, except that we had a sub in math. Poor guy, he didn't know what he was in for." Niall chuckled.

"Well, I'm assuming you were the perfect girl that you always are, so that has nothing to do with you."

"Niall, pu-lease. I'm nowhere near perfect, and you know it too." Through his Ray-Ban sunglasses, he studied me before moving on the green light.

"Nope," he said, "No idea what your talking about." My laughter was swept away by the wind.

"So, next scenario, when you get hurt."

"Huh?" I asked.

"Like, when you were little and you fell off the swing or something."

"Oh. Riiiggghhht. But, I don't want to be the one falling off an.... OW!" Niall had stomped on my foot. Hard. I sat on the floor, with tears in my eyes. "What was that for?" I yelled. He held onto my wrist for fifteen seconds, then, he started to sing, "Now that's she back in my atmosphere, the drops of Jupiter in her hair, aaiirr, a- a- air, she acts like summer and walks like rain, reminds me that's theres a time to change, hey hey, since her return from the stay on the moon, she listens like spring and talks like June, hey hey." He continued to sing Drops of Jupiter. It was beautiful. And, it was a sad song. Once he finished, I took my pulse.

"Fifty-two," I whispered. "Niall, that was...beautiful. Like seriously, I'm crying. You have a voice like an angel. You know what? You should try out for the X-Factor." He shook his head.