-slurred words-

-A Few Hours Later-

The group parted after the events at the barn. However, it seemed everyone was having their issues.

Firstly, Beth, Herschel's youngest daughter, had gone into shock. She was unresponsive, but she had a heartbeat. 

Herschel had gone missing in town, Maggie telling Theo and her father the place he used to go drinking when he had alcoholism, his coping place.

In addition, Carol, understandably, has shut everyone out. 

Daryl stayed with her to make sure she stayed safe.

"Do you need an extra pair of hands?" Theo asked her dad, who was waiting by the car for Glenn.

They were heading into town to find Hershel.

"Yeah," Rick smiled. He and his daughter hadn't had time to speak since everything happened. Rick wanted to forget about it, and Theo wanted nothing more.

When she noticed Glenn talking to Maggie, Theo was about to get in the car. Theo gave her dad a hug.

"I'm sorry I never said anything about Mum and Shane", She apologised, making him tense.

"It wasn't fair for you to hold that secret, but I understand," he told her, still hugging and stroking her hair gently.

"You know I love you, right? You're my best friend," Theo said, looking up at her dad, the man she wished she could be like.

He gave her a large smile before kissing her on the head.

"I love you too," he said as they pulled away.

Theo smiled before getting in the car. Glenn soon joined them.

"Maggie!" Theo yelled out the window. "Can you tell Daryl where I am?" She begged.

She nodded before going off to look for him.

The journey started quietly before Theo looked at Glenn, noticing him more silent than usual.

"You alright, buddy?" Theo asked, concerned about her best friend.

"Maggie told me she loved me," he exclaimed, making Rick and Theo look at him in disbelief, not because they didn't think it was possible, but because it's something you didn't hear often.

"Okay, so why does your face look like she told you she wants to kill you?" Theo asked laughing

"Because she doesn't, she shouldn't, not in a world like this", he explained, turning to look at his best friend.

"Anyone who has seen Maggie can agree she loves you, Glenn", Rick explained.

"What's the problem, Glenn?" Theo wondered as she listened to her best friend ramble. 

"I didn't say it back."

Theo cringed, knowing that would have hurt Maggie a lot; as far as Theo could tell, she wasn't the type of girl to say that to anyone.

"Do you?" Rick asked, looking at him and the road.

"I don't know," he said. "With her, it's different, but what does she know about me? We are practically strangers," Glenn rambled, rubbing his forehead frustratedly.

"Hey, enjoy it; we don't get enough of it these days. When we get back, return the favour," Rick said, making Glenn smile.

"You never know; this could be your soulmate" Theo smiled in the back, making Glenn roll his eyes.

"And you, Daryl?" Rick asked, making his daughter instantly go quiet.

"What do you mean?" Theo blushed. She knew what he meant, but she wasn't about to have that talk with her dad. "We are friends, that's all."