Chapter 2: Welcome To Yorktown

"Redcoat...? What??" Luca muttered under his breath. He shook his head. "Look. Whatever you may be thinking, I am not a redcoat! I won't hurt you, I swear." He said. He put up his arms. "See? I'm unarmed. I'm just a generic, uh, immigrant - yeah - who's pretty lost and is in dire need of your help right now."

The woman eased up a little, beginning to trust Luca. "Alright then... Um, what is it you need of help with?"

"Well, like I said earlier, I'm pretty lost right now. So, uh, first of all, what is this place? And most importantly, what year is it?"

"You're in Yorktown, sir. And it's 1773. (If I get this wrong, then my apologies. I'm an Asian who's just trying his best to get some information on Google. Feel free to fact check me on this, and I'll be happy to edit this part. Thanks!) How are you not aware of the date? Certainly, folks like you in Britain know what the year is."

Luca grinned, awkwardly. "Yes, yes of course. I, just... Uh, have the most terrible memory in the world, so---"

While the two were talking, the little kid was eyeing on Luca's watch. Curiosity and interest sparked within the child. "Hey, what's that?" The child asked, pointing to Luca's oh-so modern-looking digital watch.

"Oh, um, uh... It's... It's nothing, really. Just some, uh, fancy accessory 's all." Luca stammered. "Anyway, thank you for your time, ma'am. I best be off now. Bye!"

And with that, Luca scurried off into the distance. "I almost screwed up history there," He sighed. He was about to maybe sit on a bench and just take out some stuff and try to contact Angelo or something, but he can't risk accidentally changing history. Who knows what may happen...

But one thing's for certain is that Luca just took off his hoodie and shoved it into his backpack. That red hoodie is gonna be a curse to him while he's going to be around these parts. Another thing is Luca mentally freaking out about all of this. 17-freaking-73. Not even Luca's grandparents were born yet! 

He walked around town and scrutinized his surroundings. It seemed to be getting a bit dark, so he has to act fast.

Luca seemed to take interest in a small tailouring shop he spotted. He thought that maybe he could work there in exchange for some food and shelter. He was equipped with the skills that he would require for this job, so he was rather hopeful.

He took in a deep breath and walked inside. Opening the door, it hit a little bell above that alerted the shop clerk of someone entering in. Luca seemed to feel nostalgic all of a sudden. 

The shop clerk smiled, "Oh hi, what could I do for you?"

Luca hid his hands in his jean pockets to prevent the shop clerk from noticing his watch. "Hi, um... This may seem very sudden, but uh, I-I'm new around here, and I don't really have a place to stay. I was hoping that a kind gentleman like you could help me out. I'm willing to work for you, sir. I can sew suits and dresses, and interact with customers. I could do anything you'd like for me to do, sir!"

While Luca seemed quite loud and proud, he was dying inside; fidgetting with his fingers, steaming up, and screaming horrendously inside his mind.

The shop clerk chuckled heartily. "Of course! I can tell you really aren't from here. You're an immigrant from Britain... Right?"

Luca's actually an British-Asian immigrant to Canada but because of his accent, and he doesn't even look like he's from the west, but he's just gonna roll with this. It's not like he'll explain to every single person about the details of where he came from.