Chapter 6: The Missing Baguette

Everything went well for Luca and Baguette. After that little deal they made earlier, the two hasn't had a single argument ever since. Luca is surprised that Baguette is still sticking to the deal, but is grateful nonetheless. 

They managed to deliver a lot of the letters in such a fast manner. They almost managed to finish it before the said time General Washington told Luca to finish even - like they were way early. Although of course, people being rude to Luca didn't change at all which still often annoyed Luca. And it wasn't helping when Baguette was also laughing at his misery. I guess that wasn't really part of the deal so Baguette could freely laugh at Luca whenever he wants.

With a quick dash, the two hastily made it back to General Washington's tent where as he had Luca deliver some more letters - to the other generals this time. 

It was the afternoon now, so after Luca delivers these, he will be relieved of his duties for the day. While Luca was in the tent, Baguette was just vibing outside - waiting for Luca. After a few moments later, Luca comes out and hopes onto Baguette again. "Alright Baguette, this is the last batch of letters. After this, we're free to go and be mortal enemies again!"

Baguette uttered out some rather random horse noises that signaled that he agrees to this. And with that, the two left to go and deliver these letters. As they did so, Luca got a bit nervous. He only seemed to be happy about the deal to lighten up the mood and get Baguette on his side. But frankly, he'd be hiding behind Hercules if that dreaded horse comes to kick him in the face or something. Meanwhile, Baguette was already imagining how he'll bully Luca and laugh at his pain again after the deal expires after they deliver the letters.

It was a bit of a long way to get to the other generals' tents, but they managed. One by one, they successfully delivered all the letters. After doing so, Luca checked his messenger bag to see if there is any letter left that needs to be delivered. But upon seeing that there is none, Luca hopped back on Baguette and they finally rode into the sunset - off back to return to General Washington, to have him dismiss Luca for the day.

Luca took a glance at the sun set. "The sun set is really pretty, don't you think?" 

Baguette neighs in an agreeing response. Hm, maybe the two are starting to get along - who knows? 

---Ah, who am I kidding? Who doesn't think a sunset kind of scenery is beautiful? You probably have some problems if you don't.

Anyway, they travelled back to General Washington's tent. Luca hopped off of Baguette and entered back in there. General Washington dismissed Luca for the day and told him which tent he's going to be in. All that Luca has to do now is take Baguette home to Lafayette and find his tent. 

Easy peasy!

...Right?

"B-Baguette...?!" He gasps and starts panicking upon walking out of the tent to see no horse to be found. "I am so dead to Mr. Lafayette!" He whined. He just lost Lafayette's horse and now he's about to cry and start panicking.

"Wait, remember what General Washington said?" He asked himself. "He just said to just calm down... Calm the heckers down..."

Luca took in a deep breath. "...Yep, I am most definitely calm!" He lied to himself. Mentally, he was screaming inside because he just lost his friend's horse in a giant army camp. Plus it's night time. How is he supposed to find Baguette now?!

"Maybe he's just back with Mr. Lafayette..." He gulped. But then he spotted Lafayette with no Baguette with him. "Yeah, no..."

Luca scurried away before Lafayette could spot him and find out that he lost Baguette. It looks like he has to spend the night trying to find a smart horse that hates him. Who knew there were things like this in the 18th Century?
Luca ran around the camp, trying to find Baguette - calling out to him and asking people if they've seen him.