Chapter 16: If I Could Tell Him/Her (1/2)

[ I haven't updated this in a while, haven't I...? I don't know how long it has been, but it feels like it's been a while lmao. School's being a dick, so hahah... I still have lots to do, but I guess I'm kinda free? Idk, I just kinda have a bit more time to spare I guess lol. Anyway, as you can see there's a part 2 to this.. 

The chapter as a whole is too long, and I think people would get bored half-way through if it's too long, so I'm gonna be dividing it into two parts lol. Part 2 may come tomorrow or something, idk. It depends if school will give me a break for once lol. Anyway, enjoy!]

1780. The Winter's Ball, where the Schuyler sisters are the envy of all. "If you can marry a sister, you're a rich son." Aaron smirks. Alexander wrapped an arm around him with that cheeky grin of his. "The question is not 'if' Burr, it's which one~"

The rest of the guys laughed, while as Luca was low-key dying inside. You see, like any other teenager in the 21st century, parties are Luca's worse nightmare - especially fancy medieval ones hosted by rich army generals. 

Lafayette chuckled. "And you know what we're best at?"

"We're reliable with the ladies!" They all cheered in unison - except for Luca because he can't relate. "There are so many to deflower!" Aaron exclaims as all of their eyes turn to the several beautiful young ladies that passed by. 

[Honestly, I was concerned at these lines... I thought Burr said "So many to devour "]

"Mr. Burr, why are you like this..." Luca thought to himself as he was trying to hide away, but John keeps pulling him back to the group. "Proximity to power!" Aaron exclaims again as the older men go fantasize about hot women. And Luca wanting to go back to King George and be locked up like Rapunzel. As weird as that sounds, at least he wouldn't be dragged into horrible situations like these. When parties roll in, King George literally forgets about him - so he was always just free to do whatever he wanted.

A few moments later, Luca managed to scurry away and got himself a glass of wine to make it look like he's doing something. "Hey Luca!" He hears as he almost began choking on his drink. He turned and saw Layla - and my, was she a real treat. 

What did Aaron say again? 'There's so many to deflower'?

Well Luca, this is your chance to follow Aaron's advice from last night and court her. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Luca was rather stupefied at the moment. Layla really was beautiful tonight. She was so beautiful that Author can't describe much about it. Even though the truth is that the author doesn't know anything about dresses and what not, so... Just imagine some fancy dress and accessories. 

Anyway...

"You look beautiful tonight," Layla commented as she played around with his little bow tie. "..Y-You look beautifuller, Layla!" Luca slammered as he began blushing again. Is Beautifuller even a real word?

"I-I mean you don't look fool-er... You're not a fool. Of course you're not! I---" Before Luca could continue to ramble on about non-sense, Layla put a finger over his lips. "It's okay. I get what you mean." She chuckled. And this made Luca blush even more.

Aaron was off on his own to do whatever. And then there were the other guys, watching from a far. "Ooh la la~ Love is in the air~" Lafayette laughed as he watched Luca and Layla banter with each other. The others turned their eyes to the two as well and had the same teasing smirk Lafayette had. 

Suddenly, a familiar face go over to them. It was one of the Schuyler sisters, the oldest one --- Angelica Schuyler. "Miss Angelica?" Alexander goes. They already met earlier but nothing much happened. Just some banters. Angelica grins. "May I borrow you for a moment?"