Chapter 3: It's Showtime!

The sun shines bright with Hercules and Luca waking up early to work in the shop. It was Luca's first day today, and frankly - he wasn't really as excited as one would expect. He was dying inside. Interacting with customers is fine for him, but he's in the Medieval Ages. Things are different, and he doesn't want to screw up.

After getting some food for breakfast, Hercules decided to sew Luca some clothes. He took pity on the lad when he saw him wearing the same clothes he had from yesterday. Luca was grateful that he now has new clothes. Afterwards, the two went on with getting to work. Nothing out of the ordinary really happened. Luca was in charge of the counter, tending to the customers while as Hercules was out back - sewing some suits and dresses that were ordered by others.

While there weren't really any customers around, Luca slowly took out his walkie-talkie and tried using it but to no avail. He was being careful, so that no one would notice - especially Hercules.

. . .

Some time later, the newspaper came and Luca handed it to Hercules. Making the headlines was a news article about an uprising revolution. Hercules surely was interested in it, while his little apprentice wasn't. 

Luca gulped upon reading the newspaper with Hercules. The man glanced over to Luca and noticed his rather terrified state. "You okay? You look like you've seen a ghost," Hercules goes. Luca chuckled awkwardly. "...I-I'm just concerned.. This is a whole war and all, y'know..."

Hercules smiles as he pats Luca's head. "No need to be scared, Luca! If something every happened, then I'd be there for you."

Luca smiles back at him. "Thank you, Hercules!"

Hercules turned back to the newspaper. "No problem." He said. "Besides, this is my chance to socially advance instead of just sewing some pants."  

"Hey, that rhymed!" Luca pointed out, which lead for the two of them to laugh. After reading the papers, Hercules said that he'll think about it, just to assure Luca and not have him worry too much. And with that, the two went back to work.

The day went as it normally would have. The revolution has become a bigger topic every day, with more and more people volunteering in it. Luca felt awkward about this since people know him for being British, and they're all rebelling against Britain. But then again, he couldn't care less because he already knows what happens anyway. It's sad how he couldn't tell anything to anyone.

. . . 

A magically large time skip to the next day because the author is lazy and lacks creative ideas. 

Luca was back at the counter, just vibing. Suddenly, someone strolls into the shop, saying: "Hey Herc! Have ya read the papers??" - the man had a medium body build and had a brown skin tone. He had curly hair that was tied into a ponytail, and adorable freckles sprinkled all over his face. The man looked at Luca with a baffled look. "Who're you?" He asks.

"Um, my name's Luca and I'm a new employee here." Luca answered. 
The man grinned. "Well nice to meet you, Luca. My name's John Laurens. Can you get Hercules for me?"

"Nice to meet you too, Mr. Laurens. I'll just go and call him from the back," Luca responded as he got up from his little stool and went over to Hercules' workspace by the back. "Hey Hercules, someone is here to see you. His name is John Laurens."