Chapter 4: Time To Take A Shot

A few days have passed and things have been going relatively well so far. At the same time, Luca has kind of been getting used to his new life here in Yorktown. He's not a picky person, so that's a plus. Hercules has been helping out quite a bit as well. He may not know that Luca is from the future, but Luca simply claims that things in Britain are different, and that seemed to be enough to persuade Hercules.

Another plus is that Luca has seemed to make a little circle of friends. John has been hanging out a lot with Hercules whereas there were many times where Luca was invited to come along - which made John and Luca become friends. And not only that, Lafayette has also been coming along as well. After that brief meeting the Frenchman has had with Hercules in the town square a few days ago, the two have became friends and Lafayette was often invited to come along as well, which allowed him to befriend John and Luca - and learn some more English from them too! 

So they're basically a squad of homies now.

Today they thought of going out for a drink at the bar. The three looked lively as always and seemed to be quite excited to start training in a few days - while as Luca was just happy to be there. The squad entered in the bar with a loud entrance as usual. They grabbed themselves a table and ordered their usual drinks. 

They bantered loudly as always, sharing to the world their plans and thoughts about the revolution. Suddenly, all eyes turned to a particular individual as John exclaims: "Well, if it isn't the prodigy of Princeton college!---"

"---Aaron Burr!" Hercules continues.

This man named Aaron Burr didn't seem too fond with his name and title blatantly being screeched out into the public all of a sudden. He had black skin like most of the squad. Black hair and a violet coat. He seemed to be with someone; white-skinned brunette with hair tied into a ponytail. 

"Give us a verse! Drop some knowledge!" John exclaims with a smirk.

Aaron smirked back. "Good luck with that, you're taking a stand." He answers to the squad, overhearing their conversation from earlier. "You spit, Imma sit. Let's see where we land," He taunted.

"Oooh~" Lafayette and Luca goes.

John walked closer. "Burr, the revolution's imminent. What're you stalling for?"

The person Aaron was with joined in the conversation. He stood up from his seat and said: "If you stand for nothing Burr, what do you fall for?"

"You're dead now---" Luca grinned, knowing what the other three will do.

John and Hercules turned their attention away from Aaron and now onto the person he is with. "Who are you?" John goes. 

"Who are you?" Hercules repeats.

Lafayette gets up from the table and repeats the same question for the third time with that thick French accent of his, having eyes his locked on the individual they've suddenly took interest in. Aaron facepalmed and Luca chuckled. Meanwhile, the man from earlier has taken the note that he's now very screwed. 

Great job, man.

The man gulped. "I am not throwing away my shot!" He blurted out, all of a sudden. "I'm just like my country. I'm young, scrappy, and hungry - but I'm not gonna throw away my shot!" He smirked. It seems that he has the same goals and ideals as the three, but he's just overdoing his introduction to them by trying to look confident and proud. He's overheard their conversation as well, and he's doing all of this, thinking that he'll impress them but honestly, he's just making a fool out of himself. But even so, it seems like all four of the squad is more interested in him.