4] Secret families

Tony's POV

Wayne and Stark sponsored charity gala.

The same fundraiser on the same date of every year.

Tony never usually attended it, sure he sponsored it, but he sponsored lots of things he never had the time to attend or visit.

He was in Gotham now whether he liked it or not.

And what better time than to mingle, show his face, and hopefully also meet up with his cousin?

They hadn't spoken since the day at Wayne Enterprises, which guaranteed was only three whole days ago, but his need to keep himself busy added with Steve and Peter's collective and not to mention ridiculous puppy eyes.

Here he was. Here they were.

His half family of three climbing out of the white rented limo and stepping out onto the red laid out carpet, flashing lights immediately blinding them as reporters pushed their way to the front of the black velvet rope hoping to get a word from The Tony Stark, Iron-Man, and no doubt his fiance Steve Rogers, Captain America, and their son Peter Parker, Spiderman.

It was so much like home that the three might as well have been back in New York.

But then that quickly changed as three different black limousines pulled up on the opposite side of the street.

All the reporters, flashing lights, and inquisitive questions dropped from Stark and his family and rushed to where the first black limo's door opened.

"Tony?" Steve called from a few steps ahead of him with Peter right behind him.

Tony reluctantly tore his gaze away to look at his fiance and son, "Yeah, babe?" he answered.

"Aren't you coming?"

Tony nodded, "you two go ahead," he smiled, "I'll be right there."

Peter had no problem listening to his dad for once and started walking toward the front door while Steve shook his head with a small smile at how curious and attention hogging Tony could be sometimes but soon followed.

"It's the Waynes!" Tony heard someone yell over the buzzing noise of the paparazzi.

The Waynes? Plural?  That's weird, he thought.

Was Bruce married?

Tony doubted it, it wasn't exactly his cousin's style, the whole commitment scene, but then again it wasn't Tony's either... until he met Steve.

But married? He would have at least heard something, right? Gotten a wedding invitation? Something?

"Mr. Wayne, care to say a few words?" one reporter called out.

"Mr. Kent, how about you?"