5] Appearance upkeeping

Bruce and Clark stopped at the far end of the room at a small table, it was the perfect spot to be seen, but not outright disturbed, and also to keep an eye on their disaster-prone kids wandering the dancefloor and trying to avoid the press.

"Relax," Clark whispered in Bruce's ear as his hand came up to rub soothing circles over the small of his boyfriend's back.

Bruce smiled turning his head to the side to look at Clark he didn't say anything just leaned up and pressed a chaste kiss over the man of steel's lips.

"Bruce," the familiar voice of Tony interrupted them.

If it wasn't for the fact, Clark had superhearing he would have missed the soft groan of annoyance slipping from Bruce's mouth.

"Tony," Bruce plastered on a smile. "You finally managed to make it to our gala."

"I'm here," Tony grinned, "might as well," he extended a hand giving Bruce a warm handshake before turning to Clark and doing the same.

He then turned to the side as Steve caught up with him a polite smile spreading across his face as he noticed Bruce and Clark giving them each a small nod in acknowledgment.

"Bruce, this is Steve, my fiance. Steve, this is my cousin Bruce and his... date," Tony smiled coyly, "Clark."

"Boyfriend actually," Bruce nonchalantly corrected obviously surprising Tony, "and it's nice to meet you," he said extending his hand out to Steve.

"You too," Steve firmly shook it, "Tony's told me a lot about you."

"All good I hope," Bruce joked.

Tony shrugged with an in-between look as Steve and Clark shook hands.

The four stood at the small table for about fifteen minutes having an easy conversation about anything that came to mind before Clark looked up and spotted his best friend looking completely lost at the entrance of the gala.

He leaned to the side and waved a hand at her getting a relieved smile from Lois as she started walking her way towards them.

"Lois is here," Clark announced more to Bruce than Steve or Tony.

Bruce smiled as the mentioned woman strode up to them, she had an ankle long red dress on with a slit going up mid-thigh showing off her silver six-inch heels and slender tanned legs, her brown hair was pinned up in an elegant bun and her brown eyes were a warm and real sight to see as she stopped in front of them.

"Lois," Bruce greeted maneuvering around his boyfriend to give the brunette a hug she happily returned.

"Bruce, it's so good to see you," she brightly smiled, "you look amazing as always," she then turned to Clark, "and you clean up nice too, Smallville

"Bruce, it's so good to see you," she brightly smiled, "you look amazing as always," she then turned to Clark, "and you clean up nice too, Smallville."

Clark shook his head with a small chuckle at the nickname as she leaned forward giving him a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Lois," Bruce caught her attention and gestured to the two men staring at them, "this is my cousin, Tony Stark, and his fiance Steve."