6] The meeting

United.

As a team.

One perfectly working superhero unit.

If only!

The Justice League were at the safe house earlier than scheduled for the very reason they knew Batman all too well.

Hal knew he'd be difficult.

Diana knew he'd be opinionated.

Barry knew he'd be stubborn.

Oliver knew he'd be indecisive.

Victor knew he'd be evasive.

Arthur knew he'd be confrontational.

But J'onn knew above all he'd be rational.

"Maybe this is a good thing," Clark suggested trying to keep a glass half full perspective while Bruce happily kept to his half-empty view of things where things were bound to go wrong.

"Maybe," Clark had hope, "or maybe not," his hope dimmed as his partner spoke, Bruce noticed this and immediately felt bad for sky-rocketing his boyfriend's emotions like that.

He pulled Clark's arm stopping them just outside the safe house, "I know you want this to work out for the better-"

"And you don't?" Clark asked his feet touching the ground again as he turned to face Bruce in his full Batman uniform.

"I'm just not used to them working out for the better," he admitted, Clark knew that and intertwined their hands together so his thumb was rubbing soothing circles over Bruce's palm.

"I know," he said, "but maybe this time it will."

"Maybe," Bruce repeated.

Clark gently smiled pecking his boyfriend's lips, "just try to keep an open mind, Batman," he whispered.

Bruce returned a soft smile, "no promises, Superman."

The two shared one last look before walking through the door and meeting up with the rest of the Justice League sitting at a plain wooden table in the middle of the room.

"Hiya, Spooky," Hal greeted, "how's Halloween going?"

"The same as Arbor day I'd imagine," Bruce bluntly remarked back mocking the green lantern uniform.

"One day Bat's," he threatened with absolutely no heat to his words.

"Batman, Superman," Diana greeted with a warm smile as she got up from her chair to give them each a hug.

"Hello, Diana," Bruce returned the gesture before pulling away and heading straight for the Avengers file lying on the table.

Clark apologetically smiled, but Diana shrugged it off she was more than used to Batman's distant and workaholic nature by now.

"Kal-el," she smiled patting his back and pulling away again.

"Diana."

Pleasantries were exchanged along with small talk as they waited for the New York heroes to show up and twenty minutes later they did, Tony predictably the last one to arrive.