𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑.

︾

"How's the head, kid?" Arthur asked the young Lenny the following day. Lenny nodded in response. Arthur patted the younger man on the shoulder reassuringly.

"At least we got the money," Lenny shrugged. Arthur snorted at the young man before sitting down beside him at the camp fire.

"Only just. That woman seemed very eager to get her hands on the money," Arthur had observed. Lenny nodded in agreement.

"She might be desperate like us. How's Bill?" Lenny asked him. "I haven't talked to him, don't really want to either."

"I'd be lying if I said I cared about Bill," Arthur joked, causing Lenny to chuckle. "I'm kidding, of course I care about him. I care about everyone here. But it's not like he's going to die from being shot in the hand."

"You two talking about me?" Bill asked, sounding tempered already. Arthur looked up at the man with a bandaged hand. Dutch assigned him to rest for a few days and Bill wasn't too happy about it either.

"Yeah," Lenny answered. Arthur smirked at the young man's response as he watched Bill shift his weight from one leg to the other in unease.

"Well... what are you saying about me?" He asked.

"About how you let a girl shoot you," Lenny joked. Arthur sighed as he saw Bill become enraged. The man had a temper, and with a temper like that it was often difficult for him to take a joke. Bill pointed at himself.

"I did no such thing!" He defended. "I was going to shoot her and save your life!" Bill informed Lenny.

"Oh yes, that's real smart Bill," Arthur scolded. He looked up at the angered man. "She had a gun to the boy's head! If you shot her, she would've shot him and then there would be two people dead," Arthur hissed. Bill bit his tongue. "Maybe three if I decided to shoot you myself for getting Lenny killed." Just as Bill was about to cause a scene, John and Sean arrived back at Clemen's Point, Arthur noticing something in John's hand. He stood up, walking away from Bill and Lenny and joining the scarred man and the Irish man.

"Oh boy, don't we have some news for you!" Sean jeered excitedly, his accent thorough. Arthur ignored the man, paying attention to John who handed him the paper.

"Sean and I asked around about the girl you described. Sheriff Gray gave us a wanted poster for her," John informed him. Arthur frowned, studying the wanted poster. "Her name's Eleanor Miller-"

"Yep! As in Otis Miller's daughter," Sean cut off John, John sending an annoyed glare in the man's direction. "The Otis Miller, the guy who-"

"I know who Otis Miller is," Arthur grunted as he read the poster.

"She's wanted for all sorts of thievery as well as countless murders. People describe her as the she wolf because she shows no remorse and is extremely bitter," Sean continued, ignoring Arthur's annoyance. "Sounds a lot like you old man!" Sean chuckled.

"Shut up," John groaned, growing sick of listening to Sean. "Do you ever shut up? I just had to listen to your nonsense in Rhodes!" Sean chuckled at the man, finding John funny. John rolled his eyes, turning his full attention back to Arthur. "No one knows where she is, but my guess is she was near Valentine but has probably moved now after the mess that was made."

"That mess was only made because she shot," Arthur reminded, not wanting any of the blame on them. John nodded curtly.

"Sure. Anyway, she rides alone. She has never been seen riding with anyone else, not even her brothers. She's independent and sly." John informed. Arthur sighed, clearly this woman was something else. But would she move on after the failed robbery? Or would she come back for more? The three were interrupted by Dutch and Hosea walking over, Dutch calling out to them:

"Did you find anything about the girl?" He asked. Arthur handed him the poster.

"She's wanted for seven thousand dollars, that's more than me," Arthur joked as Dutch took the poster. Hosea looked over his shoulder, the two older men scanning the poster.

"That'll be because she's the daughter of a legend," Dutch informed before chuckling as he handed the poster back. "That woman almost took out two of my men. I don't know who she thinks she is but I want to find her and have a chat."

"Dutch," Hosea grunted. "She's just a girl. She's surviving, just like all of us." Hosea reminded the man. Dutch frowned at Hosea.

"She hurt two of our men, Hosea. You know what we do to people who get in our way," Dutch reminded him. Hosea's expression saddened in disappointment at the man. Arthur frowned, he knew Dutch was right but like Hosea said, she's just a girl. She has her own problems too. Eleanor just happened to have the same idea as them.

Sean split from the group, seeing Karen return from guard duty and decided to take her place so the woman could rest.

"Dutch!" Hosea pleaded but Dutch shook his head at the man.

"Hosea, that's how things go. We can't risk people getting in our way, not now. Not when we're manoeuvring our way between the two families. We need no distractions," Dutch explained. Arthur and John stood quietly, watching as the two men debated.

"She might not do anything more, she just happened to have the same idea. She doesn't even know where we are!" Hosea argued.

"Hosea, don't doubt me. I need you by my side, brother. All I want is to talk to her," Dutch explained. Hosea shook his head at the man, his eyes narrowing as he gave Dutch a harsh look.

"I know your talks, Dutch. I don't like how things are going lately," Hosea grumbled before marching away in anger. Dutch sighed, watching after the man before looking at Arthur and John.

"I need you two to find her and take her somewhere else, anywhere but here. Perhaps a cabin of some sort so I can question her," Dutch lowered his voice to the two men. They both nodded at him before Dutch walked away, retreating back to his tent where Miss O'Shea was waiting.

"I'll head back in to town and ask some of the locals if they know of where she could be," John explained. "Your best option is riding around the area, I have a feeling that the patrols in Valentine have pushed her this way, just like the shootout in Valentine did with us," John suggested. Arthur nodded in agreement.

"Okay. We'll talk again later," Arthur nodded at the man. John nodded before heading back to his horse once again. Arthur on the other hand looked at the poster in his hands. He's be lying if he said she wasn't pretty, the woman had fierce and striking fox-like eyes and her unique freckles from the harsh sun. Like Sean said, Eleanor and Arthur were similar in many ways. However he didn't like the idea of going after her. They should be focusing on the Grays and the Braithwaites, not worrying about another outlaw that they've had a run in with. They had many other rivals including the O'Driscolls, the Pinkertons, Bounty Hunters, Lawmen and recently the Lemoyne Raiders. Eleanor ran by herself, she was nowhere near as much of a threat as their current enemies, or so he hoped. Restricting himself from looking for any longer, Arthur shoved the poster into his satchel before walking towards his own horse, an O'Driscolls horse he had taken from the barn up at Mrs. Adler's farm.

a/n: Just wanted to say I made the gif featured myself, using my own recorded clip of Arthur!