𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏.

︾

Arthur found himself putting money into the box received from innocent folk who loaned money from Mr. Strauss. Arthur hated doing that man's dirty work, but it had to be done. Herr Strauss had pointed out to him that without him it would be more difficult to look after the women and children without his loan sharking, Arthur however would beg to differ. 

"Would you look at that!" Lenny exclaimed from the round table a few feet away. Arthur closed the box, looking over towards the young boy to see him leaning over the table, showing John something in the paper he was reading. It was reading or robbing with that kid, suppose in a way it showed he was one of the only fools around here with a brain. "A train got held up," Arthur frowned, walking over to them both. John scoffed in surprise as he looked at it. 

"There's something new," John joked. Lenny rolled his eyes at the bitter man, showing Arthur the paper instead. Arthur stood by the young man, looking over his shoulder at the paper. Lenny put a finger under the first word, his finger moving as he spoke.

"A few night ago a train from carrying passengers of wealth was robbed. Majority of passengers were found deceased as well as some guards. It is reported that the malicious killing was done by the ex war veterans, The Lemoyne Raiders. However, after some convincing and questioning of the anxious victims it is reported that there was a solo outlaw on the train. This outlaw is believed to be a woman and for that reason it is suspected to have been the infamous daughter of Otis Miller, Eleanor Miller," Lenny read out loud. Arthur's heart sunk at the words. He felt the eyes of John Marston burning into him so he dared not to glance at the man. "The Law became alerted when the train came roaring through the quiet night in Saint Denis, which then the officers had a fight with the Lemoyne Raiders. Eleanor Miller was no where to be seen so we ask everyone to be weary of the woman," Lenny finished before looking up at Arthur. "She's crazy, robbing a guarded train on her own," Lenny expressed his opinion. 

"Or desperate. You saw the look in her eyes when she demanded for the money back in Valentine," Arthur shrugged. Lenny nodded, agreeing. Lenny looked over at John for a brief second before back at Arthur. 

"Do you both think I should tell Dutch? He'll want to know what she's up to," Lenny asked. Arthur looked over at John who was already looking at him. Arthur looked away awkwardly, clearing his throat. 

"I think Dutch'll find out whether or not you tell him," Arthur explained, referring to Micah. John chuckled, understanding what he meant, giving Arthur a nod of agreement. Lenny looked at them both, placing the paper on the table.

"What is it with everyone and him?" Lenny asked. "Sure, he got arrested and almost got me lynched but-"

"Don't try and defend him, kid," Arthur cut him off. "That man's a fool, the biggest out of all of us. You don't have to like him just because he rides with us," Arthur explained to the young man. "He almost got you lynched after all!"