𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒.

Eleanor scrunched up her nose in fury as she read the front page of the New Hanover Gazette. 

"Valentine Bank robbed... believed robbers are members of the Van Der Linde Gang," Eleanor read out loud. She sighed, not bothering to continue. She scrunched the paper up before tossing it into the barely lit camp fire. After the robbery, Valentine has gone into lockdown which meant patrols were everywhere surrounding the establishment. If Eleanor hadn't had moved, they would have found her by now and she would have been lynched even if she wasn't involved in the robbery. That's what everyone thought anyway. Now she had set camp at Ringneck creek, North of Rhodes. She overheard once that the creek was quite famous for it's smallmouth bass, which attracted her to move to the creek. On the downside, the area is very wet and hard to keep a fire going. Not too far from the creek is an old abandoned house and barn so if she needed to hide she could sneak up there. 

Eleanor's camp was set up on the small part of land that separated a portion of the creek from the rest, making it look more like a waterhole than a creek which was where the smallmouth bass were. Lucky for her she liked fish because it was all she would be eating for the next few days. She didn't want to say here for too long, in case a fishermen of sorts comes and finds her. In the meantime, Eleanor will be planning her next move.

Eleanor has caught wind of a feller at the Rhodes train station who is apparently quite shady himself. Apparently the man hands out locations of some rich folk and their coaches allowing robbers to have their fun. 

"Shit," Eleanor muttered at the realisation that she had run into the infamous Van Der Linde gang. Only recently the band of outlaws had robbed a boat in Black Water, it had been in the paper for weeks. Eleanor had noticed the influx of bounty hunters and Pinkertons around on her travels since. She had heard many tales of the gang, unsure what to believe from all the stories. Some sound so crazy that she wants to believe that they ain't true. However, she did know that Dutch doesn't take kindly to people who try and take there scores, everyone knows about the huge rivalry between them and the O'Driscolls. Eleanor stood up from the fire, pacing back and forth as she thought.

They're going to be looking for her. She wasn't sure what they would do to her but she knew they would be looking for her. She had no idea that they would rob the bank too. Why would they be mad though, she didn't even take anything. 

"They can't find me if I find them first," Eleanor muttered to herself, pausing herself from pacing. "If I find them, I can go to them. It will look intimidating and it'll cause that son of a bitch to cower at the thought of me being a step ahead," Eleanor spoke out loud. She chuckled at herself, she was a genius. She knew for a fact they would be nowhere near Valentine like her. With a group of that many people, Dutch wouldn't risk it. But she also knew with a group of that many people they wouldn't be hard to find. 

Eleanor turned around to go to Seyfret to ride into Rhodes to see if she could find anything out about newcomers in the town when she found herself staring down the barrel of a revolver. Eleanor's lips pressed together tightly, looking over the barrel to see the brown haired man from the robbery yesterday. 

"Eleanor Miller," he greeted in a bitter tone. Eleanor smirked, holding her hands up in defeat. 

"So you figured out who I am," she chuckled at him. The man rolled his blue eyes, his aim not dropping. She was surprised at how quiet he had been. Either he was really quiet or her train of thoughts had blocked out her surroundings. 

"It's not hard when there's wanted posters around for you," he commented. He waved his gun towards his direction, instructing her to go with him. "Come on, you're coming with me."

"Says who?" Eleanor asked, frowning at him. Who exactly did this man think he was? He frowned at her, not dropping his aim for a split second. 

"Me. Now come on, don't make this difficult," he ordered. Eleanor pouted, shaking her head in refusal. The man sighed, shifting his weight slightly as he looked at her. She was still trying to figure out who he was. Knowing he is in the Van Der Linde gang, she most likely saw his face on a poster. The name however was completely forgotten. "Lady, I don't got the patience for this."