𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓.

︾

Before making his arrival at Valentine, Arthur had other matters to tend to. It still involved Micah. It must have been months ago now since he broke that snake out of Strawberry, which he regretted everyday. He only did it for Dutch, he could see Dutch didn't want to lose anyone else after Davey, Jenny and Mac. Only then he thought it was because of that but now, all of that seemed different. Sure, Dutch was never aware of what Micah would become but Arthur always saw him for what he is. Arthur seeing Micah for what he is, he always had his suspicions on him. 

Instead of going North to Valentine, he found himself straying West to Strawberry. The gang had always planned on going West after coming down from the Mountains but things changed and they found themselves straying further and further East instead of going West to what was left of the untamed country. Arthur helped Micah rob a stagecoach a while back, but before that all happened he met with Micah before they rode out. Micah had a camp outside of Strawberry up in the mountains of Monto's Rest. If Micah was out that way in West Elizabeth, he would always stay there. But he wasn't looking for Micah, he already knew Micah was most likely sitting on Dutch's shoulder like the devil he is. He was looking for evidence.

Micah would never carry any discriminating evidence on him in case of everything, as dumb as the fool looks he was always smart. Especially when it came to ruining lives. Arthur knew Micah well enough over these past months to know the man would hide the evidence somewhere away from camp and where better than his hideout. 

The chill of the cold air whipped his forearms as he rode, the cold air reminding him that as he neared Monto's Rest he was also coming close to those damn Mountains. He could never understand how Mrs. Adler and her late husband lived up there in the cold. Guess they didn't have to worry too much about fools running a muck up there, that was until those O'Driscolls ruined her life. Thinking of Mrs Adler, he remembered about how she told him that she was happy to help wherever she could. He wondered if she had told Hosea like he told her to. He wondered if she was doing anything right now to help, whether it was talking to other Gang members or even seeing Eleanor for herself. He knew by now Charles and Hosea would have moved the woman to somewhere safer, he hoped she hadn't given them trouble with her wild ways. She wasn't use to affection, he noticed that.

His thoughts came to a stop when he arrived at the camp. Arthur dismounted his horse, petting the steed on the neck. 

"Good boy," he muttered, rewarding the horse for the long ride. He left the horse's side, rubbing his hands together as the cool air made him shiver. Arthur looked around, the fire was cold. Micah hadn't been here for a long time. Arthur spotted little pieces of paper littering around the area which caused him to grow curious. What on Earth was Micah up to?

Arthur crouched down and picked up a piece of paper that was face down in the dirt. He flipped it over, his eyebrows ceasing down as he read it. It was a Wanted Poster for Dutch.