𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓.

︾

After successfully hunting a buck and two rabbits, Arthur decided it was time to return to camp. It was becoming evening when he returned, hunting had taken longer than he had expected. He had kept his profile low while out, being sure no one noticed his identity as he stuck to himself. Most of the time his mind kept wandering to Eleanor but he often had to remind himself that the woman would be fine for the time being. He wasn't going to tell her their location, not until he was sure Eleanor wasn't hoping to kill Dutch. 

He rode into the opening of Clemens Point, the pink and orange glow of the setting sun filling the camp, the water they were based next to reflecting the colours. 

"Good to see you back, Arthur!" Mrs Adler's voice called out to him as the woman picked up a gun from the pile for guard duty. Arthur tipped his hat respectfully at the woman as he hitched his horse at a hitching post as the woman continued on her way. In a way, Eleanor and Sadie were similar. They were both driven by grief. He found himself release a long sigh as he saw Dutch and Micah marching over to him. 

"Where have you been, son?" Dutch demanded, Micah hovering behind the man like a fly. Arthur motioned to the three carcasses tied to his horse.

"Hunting trip like I said. Took longer than I expected with those damn Raiders shooting and scaring the animals," Arthur explained. He frowned at the man, tilting his head to the side slightly as he rested his hands on his belt. "Why? Everything alright?" Arthur watched as Micah walked around Dutch, revealing today's newspaper in his hand. 

"Care to take a read, cowpoke?" Micah offered. Arthur snatched the newspaper from the man's grim hands, reading the front page. 

CHARLIE TATUM REPORTEDLY DEAD BY ELEANOR MILLER.

The bold words of today's headline caused Arthur to swallow back a building lump of nausea. He went to continue reading the text below when Dutch took the paper from him. Arthur frowned in annoyance before Dutch began to read.

"Charlie Tatum who once rode with the infamous outlaw and gang leader Otis Miller was murdered by Eleanor Miller. Eleanor had been reported to be in the state of Lemoyne robbing a train a few days ago. It is believed that she murdered the man out of spite for him killing her Father years ago. Charlie was a bad man, therefore the Law will not be investigating. His wife and child are grieving and out of respect we say to let them grieve in peace." Dutch finished, looking up at Arthur. Arthur could see the anger growing on the man's face. "She is making noise, Arthur."

"Noise that ain't concern us," Arthur commented, walking past the two. Not to his surprise, they followed him to his wagon as Arthur placed his hat down on the small table before removing his satchel.