Prologue

(all rights reserved © 2020 November O'Riley)

Angelo, my right hand man, was on a spree to calm me the fuck down while I silently seethed, sitting on my desk chair

Paper weight in hand, jaw muscles rigid and ticking.

That bitch's play, and sob story ends today and it's fucking final.

Tonight's news was the had bucket of water over the family's head as the reporter read out the news of our containers filled with cocaine and heroin ready to be shipped.

Somebody had tipped the blasted bastards off.

Somebody had to do it from inside the famiglia, because outside people was not welcome on private news.

Shipments leaving the dock and shipments arriving on the dock was extremely private news.

And the abysmal portion was, I figured out who it was.

I presumed who it was. However it was a guess only, but the relative corroboration and evidence was enough for me to believe why it happened.

And who made it happen.

Angelo, turned off the flat screen not being able to take another moment of blabbering nonsense where a huge picture of my mother and father on vacation was posted on the screen while the numbers of acquisitions were plastered on the name of our family.

My family.

"This is nonsense." Angelo said chugging the remote control to the neatest sofa. "Utter and absolute rubbish."

I didn't reply. Because I agreed with him.

It was utter and absolute rubbish.

"What's taking her so long." He whispered slapping his flat phone on the palm of his hand. "Why is she taking so long."

I remained quiet as I poured myself a glass of cognac and sat back leaning against the back rest of the chair.

Tonight there was a heart and a life on line.

If the given, said and plastered criticism was true, I was going to kill that bitch for good.

I refuse to be week and pathetic in the name of love.

My family, to me, will always and forever come first.