04

"Un cosa?" I grizzle

"Un cosa?" I grizzle. "Un ragazza?"

(A what... A girl?)

"Are you fooling with me?" I hissed at Ricardo, as he was standing before the huge desk.

He was fortunate that this desk was between us or else, I would break his head on this very surface till he spoke his mind.

"Boss-this is a chick." He said feeling uncomfortable. "Who in fact did this whole ruse and got us almost fucked to the world."

"Do you have her?" I ask spinning the circular paper weight on my desk.

A girl. That makes the job more easier.

"Yes, boss." Ricardo says feeling a bit uncomfortable. "She's in the library downstairs, clothed and sedated."

"Good." I say. "We need to have a tête-à-tête."

Ricardo sighs. "She seems like a really simple girl..."

"Yeah well, Ricardo, I am a very simple man."

"You aren't going to hurt her, are you?" He asks.

"Why the fuck are you so interested?" I ask craning my neck toward the suited man. "Do you like the girl?"

"It's nothing of the sort, boss." Ricardo sighed. "We don't do shit to girls, I mean it's a girl!."

"Well a girl, almost fucked us over, Ricardo. A delinquent is a delinquent. I don't care a boy or a girl and neither do I have to justify my movements to you, understandable?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Yes, boss." He bowed from neck down.

"Who commands this family, Ricardo?" I ask.

"You do, boss." He says.

"Did you swear to omertà, upon my name to lay down your life for the family, no reasons asked, whatsoever?" I ask.

"Sí, boss." He says in a string tone.

"You may as well remember it." I reply, in  trying commanding tone. "Make arrangements to wake up sleeping beauty, you're dismissed."

Ricardo vowed from neck down and turned, exiting the office.

A girl huh?