30

When Blaire sleeps, it feels like the whole Napoli had gone silent

A perfectly heart shaped mouth, protrudes to a pout in her sleep as she moves around to find a comfortable spot under the silk coverlets.

Her face radiated a serene glow of satisfaction even though her brows were furrowed, an indication to some sort of discomfort.

I pushed her dark hair off her face making her sigh, her blessed chest was mashed to the mattress as she slept on her back.

Naked, under the blanket.

After our errands of night, Blaire seemed to more tired than usual and so she called it quits early.

Tensed by the declination of health of her closest friend, she was way too tensed and rigid.

I asked if she was holding up okay, still emersed deep into her warmth.

Breathless, the dark haired woman nodded.

But the tension was crystal clear in her features.

So believing it's best for her to rest I decided to stop.

She fell asleep shortly after. While I was left with the screaming silence of the workload that was upon me with Angelo's absence.

Even though he was assisting staying at hospital for day and night himself, I felt like a traitor burdening him with more baggage than he should carry.

Pushing my form off the bed, bare feet I strode toward my study.

I was debating if Blaire should be moved back to the estate from the Inn's suite or should we just live here.

Staying at the estate is no doubt, luxurious and safe and more personal.

But at this moment, staying at the estate meant staying on constant hot spot of the family's eye.

Namely, my mother first and foremost.

The woman's excitement, to say scares me, would be an understatement.

Point blank, her excitement terrified me and this new arrangement with Blaire is to excite her more.

Even though my words and emotions unspoken and invisible, she is my mother.

She sees right through me and every other man she has raised along with me.

Sitting on the leather bound chair, I pulled the stack of papers that is supposedly tomorrow's schedule.

Board meeting. I scratch out a cancel using a pencil.

A board meeting without Angelo will go to the dogs.