5 Months Later

"You're late again," Jisung says, folding his arms in front of him.

You had entered the cafe only to be greeted by your no-nonsense boss.

"Not my fault Hyunjin was too stoned to drive," you huff under your breath.

Jisung raises his eyebrow at you, "Not my fault either."

"You misheard me, boss," you say, bowing to him.

Jisung walks to the kitchen shaking his head, leaving you alone in the front of the cafe. There's no patrons yet so you take the time to check your phone.

You had a message from Changbin responding to your latest ultrasound pictures. and asking if Chris had gone with you to the appointment. Lying you said yes. 

The truth was you had cut ties with Chris. You knew he would be a bad influence on your baby. A girl according to the ultrasound. As badly as you wanted him, you knew that as long as you had your baby girl no one but you could be trusted to take care of her. And it was easier to cut ties with him before he found out about the pregnancy at all. 

You had done your best in the last 5 months to make enough money to move out of Hyunjin's, knowing he was just as bad of an influence. You had decided you wanted to be independent from any of the people in your life. You were going to raise your daughter on your own. 

You hear Jisung coming back. You stash your phone away and hastily throw on your apron over your oversized shirt. Everyday this gets harder and harder. you think, as you struggle to tie the apron around you.

The bell from the door dings. you welcome the first customer of the day before lifting your head to lock eyes with Chris. Who is just as surprised to see you as you are him. You quickly step in front of the cash resister before he can see you bump.

You start to feel the floor swim under you, your vision clouding.

"Y/n?" you hear Chris ask. He sounds far off and distant. 

Chris' worried face is the last thing you see before you black out.