If you choose to love

Rin: "If You Could Choose to love: Samezuka Edition"

– –

[Rin swimming in the Samezuka pool; touches the wall]

Nitori: Matsuoka-senpai! Good work! Here's a towel for you!

Rin: Oh, thanks.

Nitori: Senpai, congratulations! You've improved your time again! Plus Aihara isn't here though. I wish Ona was here.

Rin: Nitori. A time like that is nothing to get excited about. [tosses the towel back to Nitori] I have much bigger goals to achieve and things to help out Yui.

Nitori: That may be, but setting a new personal record is still something worth celebrating—

Rin: This is just a stepping stone. (That's right. It's nothing more than a stepping stone.) [starts walking away] (I need to get even faster with Yui.)

Mikoshiba: Yo! [claps Rin on the back]

Rin: Urgh—!

Mikoshiba: Great work out there! Where's your girlfriend?

Nitori: Oh, Captain Mikoshiba! Good work today!

Mikoshiba: You two sure get along well, don'tcha? Oh, that's right. You're sharing a room at the dorm, aren't ya? Plus Aihara and Tsuki is next door to you guys room.

Nitori: Yes! We are! Ona is a great and beautiful girl.

Rin: That doesn't mean we get along particularly well—

Mikoshiba: Don't be shy! [clapping Rin on the back] Don't be shy!

Rin: I'm not! And that hurts!

Mikoshiba: But Nitori, isn't it hard to share a room with Matsuoka? He's antisocial, and he doesn't look like he knows anything about cleaning or whatever...if he shared a room with Yui.

Rin: I'm right here, you know.

Nitori: That couldn't be further from the truth! Matsuoka-senpai is actually very reliable! Unexpected, isn't it?

Rin: Nitori, you'll regret this later.

Nitori: Huh? Is something the matter?

Rin: Just forget it.

Mikoshiba: Oh, that reminds me. You know, Matsuoka has his little sister and a girlfriend... [enamored] ...Gou-kun, and Yui-Chan so maybe that's why he's good at looking after people?

Rin: Captain, I don't recall ever saying it was acceptable for you to call my little sister and Yui by there first name.

Mikoshiba: Hm? I need your permission? Okay, sorry 'bout that! Matsuoka, can I call Gou-kun and Yui-Chan by there first—

Rin: I am never going to give you permission to do that!

Mikoshiba: Come on, now! [clapping Rin on the back]

Rin: Ouch—! That hurts!!

Mikoshiba: It's perfectly fine! Learn to lighten up a little!

Rin: It is not "fine"! Not at all! And I'm dead serious—!

Mikoshiba: Ack!

Nitori: But Matsuoka-senpai, the fact that you're good at looking after people proves you're a great sibling and a great boyfriend!

Rin: Like I know! Anyway, forget about me. You should learn to be a little more reliable, Nitori.

Mikoshiba: He speaks the truth!