#10 Crying & Wondering

Laura POV:

Last night was a night i can remember forever. Huh! I'll name that moment counting stars. Its actually pretty cool to count stars with him. He never smiles and i don't ever think he smiled in his whole life. Oh well. Its afternoon, and i'm alone... So i decide to visit Ross again. He's always there anyways. 

~~

I arrived next to him and sat down. 

        "Hey..." he says. Wow! Hey actually started!

        "Hey!" i reply. "Last night was fun...." I say, and he looks down.

        "yeah.." he responds. Than i had an idea!

        "HEY! How about we go to my house! Its right in back of us! I said turning the other way around.

        "Oh i dunno..." He says in his usual quiet voice he always speak with.

        "Oh c'mon please!"I plead. Finally he nods. He gets up with no emotion, and we start walking next to each other towards my house.

        ~~

        He sat on the floor and looked around. Its like he was looking around the world for the first time.

        "You have a  pretty nice room.." He says shyly.

        "Oh thanks. Just plain old Laura.." I say. While he sat on the floor, he rested his head and back on the side of my bed.

        "So..." I say awkwardly and sit down next to him. "Why do you like Counting stars..." I ask him loosing trail....

        He just shrugs."That's because i can count them forever.." He says softly. Than he began to stand up towards my book shelf.

        "Who's that?" He asks, Pointing to the picture.

        "That's my... m-mom...." I began to get teary.

        "Oh." He says and puts it down. than i was crying. Who knew i cant get over this?

        He sat beside me looking at me.

        "Why are you crying?" He asks softly, and dries the tear with his thumb.

        "Because... I miss my mom..." I say in between tears.

        "She left you?" He asks.

        "She had a divorce with my dad a few days ago.. She had to leave.." I said sobbing.. Than he hugged me.

        "Please stop crying." he whispered. I could tell this hurt him a lot more than it hurt me. But why?

~Ross Pov: (FINALLY!)

As soon as i heard her say that, I pull her in for a hug. She did the same for me. So why not do the same or her? She sobbed into my chest making my shirt really wet. But i didn't care. My mom barley cares for me.. N0... She doesn't care about me AT ALL. Neither does my dad. Than i started to hear my phone. Uh oh. Its my mom. I better not take this.

        "Aren't you gonna answer?" she asks. her tears stopped and her make up was smudged. She was only hugging me. 

        "No..." I say. "Phones is just another word for distraction...." 

***

Laura POV:

As soon as he had to leave, I sank into bed. I didn't even shower. I was so tired of crying, i cant even stand up. But as soon as i was gonna fall asleep, i heard something like slaps. More like spanks. I looked out the window only to see Ross getting hit by his mom. He laid on the ground lifeless. I frowned at the view. I decided to do something. I climbed to his window and shouted to his mom.

        "WHATS WRONG WITH YOU!?" I shouted at her. She stared at me evilly.

        "HONEY! WE'RE MOVING! AND LEAVE THIS BOY HERE FOR ONCE! I DON'T LOVE HIM AT ALL!" She yelled to her husband, and left the room. As soon as she left i entered the room quickly and looked at Ross. His face was bleeding, and so was his stomach. My heart sank. Than i felt like it shattered to a million pieces. I quickly called an ambulance. 

        "HELLO?! HELLO!?" I yelled.

        "Hello ma'am. whats the emergency?" The operator asked.

        "A BOY HAS BEEN ABUSED BY HIS PARENTS AND HES BLEEDING LIKE CRAZY!!" I shouted.

        "Don't worry ma'am. We'll send an ambulance to your location, the operator said, and hung up. Is he going to be okay?

Wait why am i so worried? I only met him like.. a week ago! OH WELL IT DOESN'T MATTER! He's still hurt. I can't let him die- My thoughts we're interrupted by police and medical people breaking in the room, and rushing him away. I wonder where his parents are... I shrugged it off and ran after him.

***