005

"Lee Donghyuck" the long brown-haired boy  simply introduced, and the girls squealed again.

"Right, Mr. Lee, you can take a seat wherever you want." teacher Kim said, and the boy just responded with a nod, walking past the flight of staircases.

Stopping at a certain row, he slid himself right next to the short-haired blonde girl, who lightly flinched at his appearance.

Yeoreum cleared her throat in panic as she fumbled with her fingers uneasily.

The tanned boy just sat silently, not caring to take out his book; his desk was completely empty.

She spared one glance, and her eyes widened when he suddenly looked back.

"Umm h-hi?"

"Hello" he replied nonchalantly.

Yeoreum had her cheeks lightly puffed, and he took the opportunity to stare at it when she had her eyes focused on the front.

"Why did you sit here?"

"Hmm?"

"Why.. here?" she repeated and faced him. "I mean, there's many vacant seats around."

"I don't know. Why, can't I?"

"Ahh n-no.."

"Then I'll sit here." he said, flashing a smile, and she just nodded.

The class went on, more chill than usual.

Yeoreum had her hands busy taking notes, and her eyes and ears were all focused on the discussion.

While Hyuck just sat there, feeling oddly comfortable within her reach, not wanting to move out.

But good things never come that easily; an hour and a half passed like a blur.

"Okay, class.. I will not meet you tomorrow because I have an appointment with a doctor.. but! I will send you 3 activities to work on in pairs, and you choose. The deadline will be Wednesday, got it?"

"GOT IT!"

"Good, class dismissed."

"THANK YOU, SIR!"

The students began scurrying off.

Hyuck stood up and was about to walk out the door, but a group of three girls blocked his way.

"Hi.. Donghyuck," the pink-haired girl said with a girly tone. "Chani doesn't have a partner, since there's three of us. Can you be her partner instead?" the black-haired softly asked while putting an arm around the brown-haired

"Uhh–"

"Please! Chani is smart and hardworking! She will help you."

He mentally cussed and let out a sigh and a forced smile.

"Sorry, I have a partner."

"Oh.."

He then turned back and saw Yeoreum just silently watching the scene.

"She's my partner."

"Oh, what!?"

Hyuck chuckled and ruffled her hair, then turned back to the girls again and said, "Excuse us, we need to plan."

"What plan—DONGHYUCK!" she yelled as she was dragged out.

She momentarily gulped at the glares she got but couldn't squirm off his grip.

After the dragging session, which she felt forever, they stopped at the garden, under a big tree, serving as a shade from the scorching sun.

"What the fuck?" Yeoreum immediately grumbled, making the tanned chuckle.

"Sorry, Reum"

She paused for a second as the choice of name seemed oddly familiar to her.

"So, since we're paired up,"

"Excuse me, you didn't even ask for my opinion."

"Not needed. I bet you don't have someone to ask to be your partner."

She pursed her lips tight, making her cheeks slightly puffy.

He finds it too adorable and doesn't even know why.

Is it because she's small and her height just falls to his shoulder?

or

It's because of her short hair and bangs.

or

She's just the definition of cute.

"GALAXY TO LEE DONGHYUCK!"

He snapped back to reality and felt a burning heat on his arm, which just got hit.

"Ouch?"

"What are you thinking while staring at me? You're a fucking creep."

A light shade of pink crept up on his cheeks as he felt embarrassment kicking in.

"Since you made us partners, then let's work it out tomorrow."

"What about now?"

"I still have class, and I hate to tell you that I'm late. Bye!"

"Huh– Yeoreum!" but she already ran, her hair bouncing with each step.

He chuckled at the sight and just leaned his back on the tree trunk.

"Why does she look so familiar?"