3| The book signing

"Miley James Potter," Miley stammered. The goblin who asked her what her name was looked up from his computer and stared at her.

"Well then- what is the reason for your presence," he said.

"I need to restock," she said.

"Who told you your parents left you anything," he said.

"Harry- my brother," Miley answered. She'd never been in Gringgots before and had no idea if the goblins really asked this many questions.

"Ok then follow me," he said.

Miley gasped when the goblin led her to a dark place. She saw a cart and followed the goblin inside of it.

"Vault 713," the goblin said and the cart moved so fast Miley felt like she was going to throw up.

In a matter of minutes, the cart stopped and the goblin gave her a key. She took it with her hand trembling and opened the vault.

She gasped.

There were piles of gold, silver, and bronze.

"Take what you need," the goblin said glancing at his watch.

Miley took a reasonable amount of money she needed and they headed off. Going back was just as worse as it was. Miley's knees trembled by the end of it and had to take a few minutes before walking.

She found the twins outside and they walked to Flourish and Blotts together making jokes about Percy's badge which was now saying "Prissy Percy" thanks to Miley.

***

"I like your new wand," Miley said to Ginny who showed off the wand she got at Ollivanders. "Thanks," she beamed. Hermione and Miley exchanged greetings.

Miley was about to ask Hermione where she got her new potions book from but a voice stopped her.

"Hello!"

Miley followed everyone else's gazed and groaned when she saw it was Gilderoy Lockhart. She didn't know what it was about him that made people fancy him. To her, he was just some fake git. She was going to tell Mrs. Weasely but grimaced when she saw her looking at him in admiration. Mr. Weasley saw it too and had an uncomfortable look on his face causing the twins and Miley to laugh at the awkward tension.

Lockhart was dressed fancy- as usual and had blonde hair and blue eyes- something basic to Miley

"Git," Fred murmured to Miley and she nodded.

"Hermione- you can't possibly fancy him," Ron muttered looking at Hermione who was listening to Lockhart's every word. Miley looked at Harry who wasn't looking at Lockhart with adoring eyes and felt grateful about that. A bunch of witches around Mrs. Weasley's age shrieked as Lockhart started signing copies of books.

"I am very glad to say I will be teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts at Hogwarts this year," Lockhart said grabbing Miley's attention- she was glancing at the bookshelves.

"Damn it," Miley cursed under her breath.

"Not that ol' git," Fred and George muttered.

Ron snorted and Lockhart looked up from the book he was singing.

"My, my- the Potter's," he said looking at Harry then Miley. Miley wanted to make a rude gesture at him. 

The witch who wanted a word with Lockhart cast Miley an evil look and left with her signed copy.

The crowd parted and stared at Miley and Harry.

"Hasn't anyone told them it's rude to stare," Fred said loudly but everyone ignored him. "He's got a point, you know," Miley said nervously laughing.