18| The minister of magic

Grammarly is that one annoying mf you meet in your life

-_-

***

Miley was still shaken by the things she saw but pretended that everything was fine. The boys had already filled Hermione in on what happened.

"We've always known Hagrid fancies monsters..." Fred began.

"Yeah, Norbert is living proof of it," Miley said and Fred gave her a soft smile.

"Can you just tell us again what you two saw?" Hermione asked for the hundredth time.

"Miley- you tell them. My voice is going hoarse," Harry rolled his eyes.

"Dramatic much?" Miley teased but listened to him anyway.

"Maybe he got the wrong person- I don't believe that Hagrid would do something like that," Hermione said once Miley had finished telling them what they saw in Riddle's memory.

"I don't believe it either," Miley agreed with her.

"How many monsters d'you think this place can hold?" Ron asked dully.

"You haven't seen the least of it," George winked.

"Well, we always knew that Hagrid's been expelled but he never told us why," Harry said thoughtfully. "And the attacks must've stopped after Hagrid was kicked out. Otherwise, Riddle wouldn't have got his award," he added glumly.

"D'you think Riddle and Percy are related? I mean the two are much more alike than you'd think," Fred joked.

"We could have them meet up," George said and limited Percy. "More tea?"

"I believe you saw that new article on the Daily Prophet- it was marvelous," Fred added also imitating Percy.

Miley laughed along with everyone else.

"But who asked him to squeal on Hagrid anyway?" Ron asked once they were done making jokes about Percy and Riddle.

"But the monster had killed someone, Ron," said Hermione.

"And Riddle was going to go back to some Muggle orphanage if they closed Hogwarts," said Harry. "I don't blame him for wanting to stay here..."

"Did you meet Hagriud down knockturn alley?" George chimed in.

"Yes, he said he was buying a Flesh-Eating Slug Repellent," Harry replied.

They thought over this for a small minute.

"D'you think we should ask him about this?" Hermione grimaced.

"That'd be a cheerful visit," said Ron. " Hello, Hagrid. Tell us, have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?'"

"He could crush us in a second, mate," George said.

In the end, they decided they would keep quiet unless there was another attack. Days flew by and there was no sign of any attack which they were grateful for- none of them were looking forward to talking to Hagrid about the reason he got expelled. It was now nearly four months since Justin and Nearly Headless Nick had been Petrified, and nearly everybody seemed to think that the attacker, whoever it was, had retired for good. In March, plenty of Mandrakes threw a loud party which made Professor Sprout cheerful. Miley knew the Mandrakes would be the cure for the Petrified people- she had to write an essay on that.

"I just want to give up Potions," Harry groaned later that day.

"I'm guessing McGonagall told you guys to start thinking about the subjects you wanna take next year?" George asked and that glumly nodded.