35. She's Done

"I quite frankly don't give a fuck. Anyone else," asked Cane, raising his hand. Neither of us raised ours.

We were now huddled in the bathroom debating what to do with Rosalie and her... situation.

"I don't think she's actually pregnant. There's no way," I added my two-cents. "Didn't you guys... wasn't that not too long ago? A week maybe?"

"It was last Saturday," Marco said, looking pensive as he leaned against the bathroom counter with his arms crossed.

"I don't know why were even discussing this. Do you want the spawn, yes or no," asked Cane who was itching to get back into the room and have his way with Rosalie.

Marco frowned and chewed on his bottom lip, then looked at me. "It can't be mine... right?"

My eyes darted away from his, the awkwardness of the situation hitting me. His current wife who was also his ex wife could or couldn't be pregnant with his child which would be Sofi and Angelos half- sibling which would mean Rosalie and I would be sharing not only a father, but a partner and children by the same partner.

What the actual fuck.

"I— I don't... no? Yes? Maybe," I finally said. The two sighed, Cane in exasperation and Marco in frustration.

"All I know is that it usually takes the average woman about 11 days after... conception to have an accurate reading from their blood. For a regular pregnancy test via stick you're supposed to wait 12-14 days for some hormone to show up in the urine."

"Well you can feed that shit to the birds because Rosalie isn't your average woman."

That was Cane, whom I ignored.

"So it happened last Saturday. Sunday you were helping me un-pack, she had left that morning... I saw you Thursday night. Yesterday we came here... so it's been eight days," I calculated.

"So she's not pregnant? Great!" I blocked the door with my body, preventing Cane from leaving.

"It's up to Marco to decide what we do next," I told him. His face said it all: he was annoyed.

"Fine. I'll give you some advice," he said turning to Marco. "As husband and wife you can end the relationship at any point and never speak or see each other again. As parents? Shiiiit, that's going to be the next level of hell. You'll never be at peace."

Marco was listening intently and seemed to be considering.

"We'll take her to the hospital," he finally said.

"I mean I wasn't planning on disposing her body at the hospital, but I totally get it if you don't want to toss her in a ditch. Out of respect for your possible unborn, of course."

I rolled my eyes. "He meant take her to the hospital to get tested."

"Ugh," he grumbled incoherent words as he put the toilet seat down and sat.

"If that's what you want, we should probably go now," I told Marco. He was quiet.

"Being here is already risky enough" said Cane. "Going there would just be asking for trouble."

"So what do you suggest," I asked. He raised a brown and I shook my head, annoyed.

"Besides that."

"I could call in a favor. I think she'll take money."

"Who?"

"There's this doctor I met," he said, pulling out his phone and texting.

"Who," Marco and I asked.

"You wouldn't know her," was all he said. He tapped his fingers on his knee, holding his phone in the other hand. We waited in silence until his phone chimed.