Chapter 25

Wyatt waited out in his truck, humming to the country music station as he stared at the doors to the cardiologist's office and waited for his pretty dark-haired Snowflake to come out the doors. It had been four weeks; four weeks since Finn's valve repair surgery and four weeks since Finn had been living with Wyatt. It was both heaven and hell at the same time; they'd fight, laugh, kiss, and cuddle; but the one thing they couldn't do was what Wyatt secretly wanted most...

In the confines of Wyatt's home, he was Finn's and Finn was his. Their relationship had no name, though Wyatt knew he wanted it to; But as soon as he'd step outside the threshold of the house he'd feel everything weighing down on him. Outside he was Representative Wyatt Jefferson Montgomery, a staunch southern baptist, conservative, Republican lawmaker, and very much 'heterosexual'

In a way it felt like he constantly was in this rollercoaster of emotion whiplash where he was able to be himself at home, and forced to be someone else outside. All he thought about was Finn, but he could never mention him; barring from one exception. In his mind he had a special someone, a significant other; but in his words he had to keep the names 'Finn' and the pronouns 'he' and 'him' clear out of his verbiage.

It was exhausting in a way, though he never once complained to Finn about it; he never wanted it to be something that he was forcing onto his Snowflake. Finn had been out and proud since he was thirteen, he never experienced what Wyatt is going through and he didn't feel it fair to burden him with it; so instead he chose to let it fester and boil inside him... Though nothing good has ever come from internalization.

But today was an important day for Wyatt; far more important than any of the stress that leading a double life seemed to bring into his life. Today was the four week appointment and consultation post-op; today was the day that Finn would be cleared to go back to normal life, to normally activities; one of which being sex. And though Finn wanted to have sex the day after they got back from Georgia, Wyatt always kept their sexual urges at bay; though certainly not because he didn't want it. The one drunken night they spent together was something so magical that it far exceeded any of Wyatt's wildest, dirtiest Finn dreams; of which there were many.

Wyatt was jolted out of deep thought as he heard Finn opening the door to his truck, glancing over to see Finn climbing into the passenger seat with his usual resting bitch-face on full display. Though Finn intimidated many, even his resting face made Wyatt want to smile.

"Hey, baby." Wyatt said with a smile as Finn leant in for a kiss out of habit; whenever Wyatt would come home from work the first thing he'd do would would be to kiss Finn. But that was just the issue; it was only the case at home. "Baby..." Wyatt whispered flinching away from Finn before their lip could connect.

"Oh... Shit, um... Sorry..." Finn let out a quiet sigh, forcing a smile to conceal the pain he felt in his chest.

"Finny, it's... We're in public and I..."

"No. I-I understand Wy. It was stupid. I shouldn't've. I'm sorry" Finn stammered awkwardly. At home he always was so free to kiss Wyatt, hug Wyatt, sit in Wyatt's lap; but in public it was a different story

"It's really not your fault, Snowflake... I love you... You know that, but we just have to be careful." Wyatt drawled with a pout. "Anyway forget that, what did the doctor say?"

"Oh... that..." Finn blinked his gaze down to the floor mats of the car with sadness practically written all over his face. "He said... everything looked good and I could go back to normal life."

"Oh?" Wyatt grinned, not even trying to hide his excitement.

"Well, well, well. Wyatt Montgomery. Looks like you're getting lucky tonight." Finn teased as Wyatt's hand shifted from the gear shift to Finn's thigh.