Part 16 - Nicolas Flamel

I opened my chocolate frog while Hermione did some reading with Harry, and Ron who was watching the chocolate frog. I got Dumbledore...I shrugged and looked at the card where it said:

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE

CURRENTLY HEADMASTER OF HOGWARTS...I rolled my eyes...

Consider by many, the greatest wizard of modern times, Dumbledore is practically famous for his defeat of the Dark Wizard. Grindelwald in 1945, for the discovery for the twelve use's of dragon's blood, and his work on alchemy with his partner, Nicolas Flamel. Professor Dumbledore enjoys chamber music and ten-point bowling.

I stopped reading and jumped out of my seat, and then Ron looked annoyed

"I was keeping an eye on the frog, but if you want it to go for waste.." I ignored his comment

"Hermione look! Nicolas Flamel!" I said smiling proudly

"Of course! We were looking in the wrong section of library! How could I be so stupid!" Hermione said yelling to herself. 

She walked to the section of books I finished today and pulled out the big, heavy book about 'Nicolas Flamel the creator of the philosopher stone'! I helped Hermione drag it to the table with Harry and Ron, while I spoke to Hermione

"Of course! I read this today! How could I not remember?! Oh Merlin, we must be blind." I said shaking my head at myself in disapproval. Harry and Ron eyed the big book in disbelief.

"Are you sure it's...this?" Ron looked at the book a little nervous

"Of course!" Hermione and I shouted in frustration, of how we could miss this book.

"This is the book about Nicolas Flamel and the philosopher stone, silly's!" I exclaimed

"the...the what?" Ron and Harry said in unison. I slapped my forehead while Hermione answered for me.

"Honestly. Don't you too read?! The Philosopher's stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It will turn any metal into pure gold and produces the Elixir of life, which will make the drinker immortal." Hermione explained the concept of the Philosopher Stone.

"Immortal?" Ron said confused

"Definition of Immortal: you'll never die." I answered simply at him, with a smirk

"I know what it means!" Ron said blushing, defensively 

"Shh!" Harry said interrupting our argument 

"The only current stone in existence belongs to Nicolas Flamel, the noted alchemist, who celebrat-" 

"to the point" Ron said impatiently. Hermione glared at him but then continued.

"That's why the 3 headed dogs are guarding the 3rd floor trapdoor! That's where the Philosopher stone is!" Hermione said excitedly. We all stopped and looked at each other for a moment and then planned to get out of our dorms, to meet at the main entrance. We all nodded and waited till it was time, continuing our normal life- or our lives...I spent my whole day with the trio until we had to meet up.

-------------------------------------

It's time. I got out of bed and snuck out of the girls dorm, tip toeing quietly to go to Hagrid's hut on the wet grass. I quite liked Hagrid's classes...He's really nice and I like to develop more knowledge about the creatures, since they were magical...but not the point, we'll talk about that later...