Chapter 3 - Learning

Callie POV

Callie POV

I can hear people whispering around me and machines beeping, great I'm still here! Why didn't they just let me go so I can be with my little girl. I know I have so much to live for, I have my parents, siblings and a niece and nephew but I just miss my baby girl so much.

I slowly open my eyes and turn on my side and see my dad there smiling at me, I look past him and see my brother smiling at me and Marcus who I haven't seen in six years. I then look towards the window and see the man who helped find me, if I remember correctly his name is Elliot, he sees me and smiles and I smile back and then turn away from him.

I won't like and say he is ugly because he isn't, he is so handsome but I'm not going there again, I can't. I refuse to allow myself to feel again. I hear my dad speak and he grabs my hand.

William – How are you feeling princess?

Callie – I'm okay.

Paul – Sis don't lie to us and pretend everything is okay.

Callie – I said I'm fine, I've had worse!

They both look down to the floor and I can feel the hurt coming off of them. I know they hurt just as much as I do, they lost the granddaughter and niece but they can't understand what I feel on a daily basis, I not only lost my partner in crime I lost my little girl.

Callie – Sorry.

William – No princess I'm sorry, I'm sorry I didn't find you sooner, I did try. I'm also incredibly sorry I couldn't protect them.

Paul – I won't apologise for not finding you because I didn't know you were missing until 2 days ago and then we found you, I would of found you in a heart beat sis.

Callie – It's fine, like I said I've had worse. They won't get information out of me. How is my team? I need to see them.

I push the covers back and stand up and sway a little from the lack of energy and I feel someone grab me.

Elliot – Easy there, your still a bit unsteady on your feet.

I pull away from him and look at him and his eyes hold so much pain but also they hold so much hope.

Callie – Thanks but I'm fine.

I walk towards the bathroom in the hospital room and see some clothes there for me, I get changed into some black ripped jeans, white crop top, black cropped denim jacket and black boots.