Chapter 8 : Little fox

Little fox

Author p.o.v

Our stay in the Port lasted one day after collecting supplies we left immediately. The seas where calm and the wind blew slowly, aboard the ship everyone was either cleaning and packing away items or just laying down like a dead fish.

Yunho and Hongjoong were packing away items while Mingi lay on his side on the first deck watching Yeosang, Wooyoung and Jongho train together, Hongjoong thought it would be a good decision to have everyone learn self defense just incase of an attack. But right now it just consisted of Yeosang and Wooyoung tring to bring down Jonho. Mingi wore a a fond smile on his face as he watch them tackle Jongho to the floor, remembering the times when he and hongjoong were in the academy and everyone would undermine Hongjoong's strength because of his height but Hongjoong would always show them that they should never underestimate him.

He recalls the time where a gang of seniors had ganged up on him and hongjoong so happened to be passing by, Hongjoong beat the shit out of them but was harshly punished by the corporal for unruly behavior. Ever since that day they started helping each other until the day Mingi was thrown of the gate.

Mingi was called out of his thoughts when he heard crying which came from Wooyoung, it seemed that by accident Jongho had stepped on his finger which was now red and swollen. Hongjoong came up running on deck as soon as he heard the cry and shouted, "What happened!?", Mingi answered him, "Wooyoung got his finger hurt", while pointing to the sniffling Wooyoung, Hongjoong shook his head and told Yeosang to carry him to Yunho.

Coming up beside Mingi hongjoong sat down and rested his head on Mingi's shoulder, Jongho sat on the floor looking at the the two as if he wanted to ask something. Hongjoong says with his eyes closed, "If you have something to ask it", Jongho nodded his head and said, "Who did you guys escape the militray camp, when I was in the village I heard from some of the people in the pub that they killed anyone that left ?", Hongjoong now sitting upright said, "They what?", Jongho repeated what he said, "They kill all escapees so that no one knows what truly goes on in their that what I heard ", Hongjoong's face contorted with displeasure before he sighed, "I dont know if they throughly kill escapees but I know once you leave your considered a criminal.......I escaped with proper calculations of the night guards routines as well as planning where to go when I left....", Hongjoong said, "I escaped when I was pushed off the gate I washed up on shore and layed low ", Mingi said. Jongho eyes widen with curiosity and admiration upon hearing the stories of how they escaped.

Yunho came back up with a fully healed and happy Wooyoung, who came skipping merrily and plopped down next to Jongho. Yunho came and sat next to Mingi and Yeosang sat to the side of Jongho.

"So where do we go now, I mean Port SM is closest but we wouldn't want to be integrated by the 23 guards that patroll that Port, we could go to Stray island but that's a two day sail, the only option left is Paradise...", Yeosang said hongjoong was impressed by the boys knowledge of the islands.

" The best option would be Paradise we can reach there by midnight if the winds in our favour", said Hongjoong.

Wooyoung got up abruptly from leaning on Jongho ans walked to the side of the ship, Yeosang soon following along with the rest of us to see what Wooyoung was doing he turned his head to side as if listening to something, "Mingi hyungie do you see it ?", Wooyoung said while pointing forward, Mingi focused his eyes on what Wooyoung was pointing at and his eyes widen with shook, "Hongjoong.......a ship..its..its completely destroyed ", Minhi said, going to the wheel I turned the ship the to sail in the direction of what Wooyoung and Mingi was facing.

The site we were meet with was that off great destruction two ships where completely decimate pieces of wood and debris cover the surface of the water along with the deep tint of the blood.

Wooyoung moved to the from one side of the ship to another as if looking for something, and then, "There in that crate theirs something in their I hear it crying!", Wooyoung shouted I ran to his side and looked a the created it was already sinking fast, with a swift movement of my hand I brought the crate onto the deck, Wooyoung moved carefully next to the crate everyone gathered around as soon as the crate landed on deck and where a bit startled when they heard the cries coming from the crate.

When Wooyoung opened the crate, the wails stopped and died down to something just shy of a whimper. Everyone peered inside to see a what it was. It was a boy curled up in a ball his hand covering his mouth as he peeked at us through the sleeve of his shirt eyes brimming with tears.

Wooyoung looked at the boy and smiled, "Come out now so we can be friends!", he said while extending and arming the crate. The boy looked at Wooyoung's hand skeptically before taking it in his own, with a strong pull Wooyoung pulled the boy to his feet and hugged his, "There see not so bad", he said while the boys hugged him tightly.

Yunho inspected him for any wounds which surprisingly he didn't have any off. Pulling back from Wooyoumgs hug the boys looked at all of us before hiding behind Wooyung, Woo laughed at the boys shyness and said, "They weren't hurt you their my brothers ", the boy peeked out and walked to side of Wooyoung, Hongjoong spoke first so to easy the tense air, "Hi the names Hongjoong what yours ?", the boy said, "Mm names san", "Its nice to meet you San I'm Yunho ", Yunho said in a merry tone. " I'm Mingi ", "Hi I'm Jongho ", "Names Yeosang ", Everyone introduced themselves to the boy and he came and hugged them each as they introduced themselves probably just wanting to get a sense of how everyone felt. 'What a friendly little fox ', hongjoong said to himself as he saw the boy hugging Yeosang, his eyes where strikingly similar to that of a fox's and his face was already getting sharp features this boy would be undeniably beautiful when he is older as a matter of fact everyone on board was undeniably good looking even at tsuch a young age.

"San do you remember what happened here ", hongjoong said as sat down with the rest of them on the ground. San nodded his head, " A ship attacked us while we where giving some products to a partner trade ship and....and it killed them all of them all the crews after they where finish destroying and stealing from the ship, I hid away in the crate but I could still hear them laughing about how they killed everyone...", San said while trying not to cry.

"Did you get a look at the flag on the ship?", Hongjoong asked, "They Flag was was black with a bunch of inscriptions on it like wiggly lines and stuff ", San said.

Sovereignent..............

________________________________________

Behind the scenes

Everyone going back to sleep

Wooyoung: san where are you going??

San : in the barrel

Wooyoung: why??

San : its comfortable wanna join?

Wooyoung: of course

Next morning

Yeosang: * panicking * where is Wooyoung?!?!?

Mingi : be quiet... look *pointing inside the barrel*

Inside the barrel lay Wooyoung who was wrapped around San who was in his fox form.