Chapter 12 : Hold on tight

Hold on tight

No one's p.o.v

The mist that swarmed the hall, made visibility nearly impossible.... for a human.

The man in the white mask walked slowly to the center of the room where a white pool of water was engraved in the marble floor, his looked on at the site before his eyes, but the flicker of anger that brewed in his eyes could not be missed, he hands clenching tightly to form a fist.

"You've returned........ my love",the man said softly as he picked up the ball looking at the image that played inside, of a short male giving orders to a crew as he stared his ship, but something angered him, it was the other male that was beside the shorter with his hands on the others waist, the man in the black fedora couldn't watch anymore, he wanted what was rightfully his, and now he can finally bring 'him' back once he found 'The Soul' the one thing he wanted could finally be back in his arms. His greatest treasure.

Location: Aboard Hongjoong's ship

Author p.o.v

"Ya Hongjoong!",a voice shouted from the top of the mast, "Yeah Mingi!",Hongjoong shouted back while squinting his eyes to see Mingi who was in the lookout post on the top of the mast. "What did you name the ship!?",he shouted, Hongjoong paused a bit and looked at the deck, he never really thought of any names for the ship, "It doesn't have a name yet!",hongjoong shouted back.

"Really...it doesn't?",San asked, "Yea....it doesn't I really didn't get around to naming it",hongjoong said as he turned the wheel a bit to the left. "Well can I name it?",San asked, "Name what?",Yeosang asked as he stroked the little fox's head they had managed to find it curled up sleeping under Wooyoung's pillow. "The ship!",Mingi shouted, causing Yeosang to look up.

"What are we gonna name it then?", yeosang asked, while carrying the fox to San who accepted it with open arms. "I dont know?",Hongjoong said. By now everyone had finished their tasks and had come aboard the deck San told everyone to come up with names for the ship, which prompted everyone to shout out names at once.

But all the chatter was cut of when a strong gust of wind slammed into the ship's stern. Which oddly caused Hongjoong to feel a sharp pain in his chest, but he didn't focus on the pain he pulled himself up and looked at the mast to see if Mingi was okay put fear kicked in when he saw Mingi dangling in the air holding onto the side of the post with his two hands trying to pull himself up.

He looked on deck to see everyone holding onto something or someone as tightly as they can. Holding onto the wheel he tried to get the ship to stay on course but the wind bashing into the ship proved to be a challenge double that with the heavy rain that started to pour and everything got more difficult.....because now they were trapped in a tempest.

Torrential rain poured onto the deck, hongjoong pushed back his hair to get a clear view of the sight infront of him. He was now fighting the wind for control of his ship, the winds causing the ship to dip dangerously close to port side. Everyone was scrambling trying to get the ships sails under control. Mingi had regained his footing and had managed to climb down back to deck only suffering a few bruises from being bashed against the mast by the winds. The sky was brightened by the lightening bolts that formed like vines in the black clouds, the sickening roar of thunder that accompanied it made everyones ears ring.

Fatigue had already caught onto the crew when they finally made it through, everyone was soaked, tired and even suffered some bruises and scrapes. Hongjoong instructed everyone to go below deck and get their wounds check out, while he tried to stare the ship further away from the storm. The deck was a complete mess crates and wooden derbies scattered everywhere, but not any significant damage that couldn't be fixed.

They settled in a small cove in the south side of the island, they need to reach the north if they wanted to get to the key that is if someone haven't taken it already.

Everyone came back on deck within a few minutes with bandages wrapped around their arms and head, already getting to work clearing out the deck. Hongjoong let go of the wheel his hands raw from holding onto it for so long. Walking down below deck he dipped his hands in some warm water, pulling it them out shortly after and wiping them gently with a soft cloth. They weren't bleeding which was good but still needed a bit of disinfectant just incase.

Walking on deck, after taking care of his wounds he was meet with the sight of Mingi and San fighting over a piece of wood. He let out a chuckle as went to side of the side to look at the their surroundings, the lush vegetation green with life, but something caught his eye, it was as if a pair of red eyes that where staring at him but when he looked back at the stop they were gone, what puzzled him was.. that the eyes he saw didn't look like an animal....it looked human.

________________________________

Author: from this point on the book gets a bit crazy so please bear with me.