𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚎𝚗

☆☆☆

☆☆☆

Golden Week was fast approaching and the cloud of misery followed the second years on the volleyball team. Though the boys liked the week of training, they were going to miss Y/n, who wasn't even going to be in the area. The concert band used Golden Week to practice just like the sports team however, the band isn't at Karasuno.

Due to the small size of the campus and the limited space available, the band usually relocated to a neighbouring high school that had enough space. For the past couple of years, the band ended up at Shiratorizawa, home of one, Ushijima Wakatoshi.

Y/n didn't really mind the location that much. The auditorium was nice and could accommodate even bigger bands and there were enough extra dorms for the students to sleep in.

The only bad part about the week was that the group would be separated from their only female friend. All five boys were worried about not seeing Y/n but they knew she could take care of herself. Well, everyone but Yū and Tanaka. It was just the classic overprotective brother mindset that both boys had, but Tanaka's was less brotherly.

Tanaka was just worried that she'd find some guy or girl he didn't judge and leave him behind. Y/n had become one of his closest friends in the span of one year and he didn't want to let her go. Some would call him selfish but Tanaka didn't want another important person to walk out of his life.

Because of the anxious boys, Y/n and Ennoshita decided that a sleepover was needed. They planned to do it on the Saturday night so everyone could still have a day to get ready. Their sleepovers were nothing crazy surprisingly. With both Ennoshita and Y/n present, the chaos duo couldn't do anything wild. The nights usually ended with all of them cuddled together in the Nishinoya's basement.

Tonight was no exception to that. Each boy arrived at staggering times to the almost empty house. The twin's mothers were taking a much-needed break on one of their limited days off together. They trusted Y/n enough to not burn the house down while they were out.

Ennoshita arrived first, thirty minutes before the actual set time. He always made a point to arrive first, mostly so he can lecture Tanaka, who's late all the time.

After him were Narita and Kinoshita. The two boys were slightly late, ten minutes past, but they were on a date so the others let it pass.

Tanaka, not surprisingly, was last to arrive. It was forty minutes past the set time but Y/n couldn't bring herself to scold him. He looked as if he ran to the house after waking up from a much-needed nap ten minutes ago.

"Hey sailor," Y/n said, opening the door for Tanaka so he could come in. Though his body hurt from his quick run, Tanaka stood up straight and walked into the house.

"Is everyone else here?" Tanaka asked, switching out his outdoor shoes for the extra set of crow slippers by the door.

Y/n jerked her head backwards, gesturing to the stairs leading to the basement. "You're the last one to arrive."