6

Today was the day. My flight would leave in 3 hours. I was sweating profusely as I packed my suitcase and carryon into Will's car and climbed into the passenger seat.

I wore some black leggings, a white t shirt under a big grey hoodie, some black running shoes and a black beanie.

Wilbur sat in the drivers spot, one hand rested on the wheel, the other, scrolling through Twitter on his phone.

"I think I'm ready," I said.

"You sure?" Asked Wilbur, "tooth brush?"

"Check."

"Phone and laptop?"

"Check check."

"Chargers?"

"Check."

This little game went on for a while.

"WILL!" I shouted, "I have everything. I've quadruple checked. I'm gonna miss my flight if you keep doing this."

"Sorry, driving now."

The drive to the airport felt quick. Wilbur and I had a vibe session with my elite music, and he decided to walk me into the airport.

"Please be safe," he said, giving me one of his signature Wilbur hugs, "you're still my baby sister."

"Oh Will," I said, punching him on the shoulder, "don't get all sappy. I'll call you whenever I can, okay?"

"Okay," said Will, rubbing his eye.

"Are you crying?" I asked.

"No," said Wilbur quickly, wiping a tear from his cheek.

"Oh my- you're unbelievable," I said, wrapping myself in his arms again.

"I'll miss you," said Wilbur.

"I'll miss you too," I replied.

I stayed in the hug a moment more, before breaking free from Wills grasp. I turned and walked into the security area.

———

I made it through customs without any issues. It was around 7am. I decided to text Nick. It would be around 1am in Texas, so there'd be a good chance of him still being awake.

SapDaddy🥶

About to board my flight!
I'm so excited to see you🤪🥳

I can't wait till ur here
This is gonna be so much fun😎

I laughed to myself as I plugged in my earbuds.

I boarded the plane a while after, and started my 11 hour journey to meet my best friends.

———

Only 1 hour left.

Only 1 hour until I would meet Dream, George and Nick. I couldn't sit still. I couldn't pay attention to anything except the crying baby in the back of the plane, and the thought of Nick. I made 4 bathroom breaks in 15 minutes.

45 minutes left.

45 minutes until I would meet Dream, George and Nick. I wondered wether or not Dream would want me to call him Clay. I didn't know. I'd feel it out when I arrived. The clouds looked very pretty outside my window, as they were all I could see. The sun was starting to set. It was around 5:30pm here.

30 minutes left.

30 minutes until I would meet Dream, George and Nick. I was sweating even worse than in Wilbur's car before I left. I thought about texting Will, but then I remembered that I was on an airplane. I took a selfie with the guy next to me, who was sound asleep. Wilbur would find it funny when I sent it to him later.

15 minutes left.

15 minutes until I would meet Dream, George and Nick. We had started our descent. We slowly made our way out of the sky, and the ground was in sight again. Even though I was bound to my seat by my seatbelt, I was extremely restless.

We had landed. The plane was stopped and we were entering the airport.

I had 1 minute left, until I would meet Dream, George and Nick.

———

I tried to collect myself as I collected my suitcase from the bag carousel. Nick told me that him and Dream would be waiting past that point, so I continued through the airport, looking for two faces, one familiar, one not so much.

SapDaddy🥶

hey i'm just past baggage
where tf are you⁉️

I'm right near there and I'm trying to
find your stupid face⁉️

SHUT UP DUM FUCK

———

My eyes darted around for a moment before I saw them.

I nearly dropped my bags as I sprinted towards Nick. He was wearing blue jeans, a grey hoodie and black sneakers. He was looking down at this phone and smiling.

He nearly dropped his phone on the ground as I flung myself into his arms. He caught me and wrapped me into one of the tightest hugs I'd ever received. He radiated so much warmth and relaxation, that I truly melted into his embrace. We didn't speak, as words couldn't describe what we were feeling in that moment

We hugged for a while before I heard someone clear their throat beside us.

There stood a tall man with shaggy blonde hair. He had kind green eyes and some freckles scattered around his cheeks and nose. He wore dark wash jeans, a dark green crew neck, and black shoes.

He had just started to speak when I wrapped my arms around him in a hug.

"Dream!" I exclaimed, but not too loudly because, ya know.

"Hi Rylie," said Dream.

"Oh my god it's so great to finally meet you guys!" I exclaimed, trying really hard to not implode with happiness.

"I can't believe that you're a real person," said Nick, "not that I ever thought you weren't real I just- it's shocking to me that-,"

"I know what you mean," I said, going in for another hug.

Nick squeezed me tightly and the butterflies in my stomach awoke and started flying so fast I thought I might throw up.

"George should be here any-," is all I heard from Dream before an inaudible noise and the sound of a suitcase rolling.

I looked up and saw George. He looked the same as I'd seen him before, but he looked so tired that he could've fallen asleep standing up and I wouldn't have questioned it. He was wearing dark grey sweatpants, a blue sweatshirt and black slides. The bags under his eyes added a nice touch to the huge colourblind glasses perched on his nose.

"GEORGE!" Yelled Dream.

Dream pulled George into a tight hug. George, as tired as he looked, reciprocated nearly the same energy.

"Hello Dream," said George, "or should I call you... ClAy?"

"Dream's fine," he said, "I almost prefer it to be honest."

"Jesus George, you look like you got hit by a bus," said Nick, after giving George a hug.

"It's just jet lag," replied George, who then yawned.

I yawned after him, and it made me realize how tired I actually was.

"You guys need to get some sleep," said Dream.

"I wouldn't oppose to that," I said with a sleepy smile.

Nick smiled back at me before grabbing my suitcase and leading the way to his car.