7

I woke up in an unfamiliar place. I looked at my surroundings. I was in a bed with a grey comforter and white sheets. A window was to my right, and bright sunlight flooded in from there. A small chest of drawers stood against the left wall, and my suitcase and carry on bag sat beside the door.

I sat up groggily and realized I was wearing the same clothes from yesterday. I couldn't really remember much after getting into Nick's car. I must've fallen asleep.

I got up and left my room, which put me in a short hallway. I heard some voices so I made my way towards them.

I followed the voices and found myself in a quaint but beautiful kitchen. Dream and Nick were sat at the counter, talking over coffee.

"Morning Rylie," said Nick with a smile.

"She's up is she?" Asked George, who had emerged from down the hall.

"What?" I asked, "did I oversleep?"

"It's 12pm," said Dream with a chuckle.

"Oh so no," I said with a smile, "any of that coffee for me?"

Nick chuckled as he poured me a cup of hot coffee. I mixed in some cream and sat down beside Dream.

"So what happened last night?" I asked, "I don't remember a thing."

"Well," started Dream, "you passed out like, two seconds after we got in the car. Once we got home, me and George had to carry your shit inside."

"Losers," I said with a laugh, "but how did I get inside?"

"I carried you," said Nick casually.

"Yeah, so if there's any unexplained bruises on your head, you know why," said George.

I laughed, but I couldn't help thinking about Nick carrying me while I was fast asleep in his arms...

———

We spent the day at Nick's house. He gave George and I the grand tour, as Dream had already been here for a night.

We unpacked our stuff. Me and George both got guest bedrooms, Nick was in his room of course, and Dream was crashing in the basement.

By the time we were done getting used to everything, it was around 5pm. I decided to text Will.

Winblur Snoop

Hey
Miss you lots
The guys say hey

Hey Rylie
Miss you too
The house is quiet at least

😹

Tell everyone I say hi
Don't do anything dumb

I won't🤪

I knew that he probably didn't trust me, but I was 18, I could make my own choices.

———

Nick picked up some food from an unfamiliar restaurant for dinner and we ate at a small wooden table.

"So I was thinking..." said Nick, "later, we could all watch a scary movie."

"Yes!" Exclaimed Dream, "if that's okay with those two."

He gestured to George and I. I had never been a huge fan of anything scary, and from what I'd heard, George hadn't either.

"Well.." started George.

"Sounds fun," I said, not wanting to be the chicken of the group.

"Oh, well, if Rylie's cool with it," said George with a nervous gulp.