8

(⚠️BRIEF NIGHTMARE DESCRIPTION⚠️)

———

We had finished dinner and we went our separate ways to get ready for the movie.

Dream and I went to the kitchen to make popcorn, while George and Nick went to the living room to pick out a movie.

We settled in on Nick's large couch, ready to watch the movie. George sat to my left, Dream beside him, while Nick sat to my right against the arm of the couch.

"It's called The Quiet Place," said Nick, "it's not terrible."

"Oh come on," said Dream, "this movie is child's play."

"I guess me and George are children then," I said with a nervous laugh.

———

George jumped every ten seconds, Dream seemed calm, but still tense, Nick was completely unfazed, but I was scared. I wasn't as jumpy as George, but I was freaked out, and I knew I would maybe have a hard time sleeping.

We were a bit past halfway in the movie and I couldn't take my eyes off of the screen. It was so suspenseful.

Nick nudged me and I jumped nearly two feet into the air.

"Nick!" I whisper-shouted as he laughed softy.

"Look," he whispered, subtly pointing to the left.

I look over to see George passed out across Dream's chest. He was snoring softy. Dream's head was leaned back and his arm was draped lazily over the sleeping George.

I laughed quietly.

"You gotta cuddle the homies," I whispered.

Just then, a monster popped up on the screen, causing me to jump again. Nick just laughed at me.

"Oh shut up," I said, "this is scary."

"It is not," he said.

"Is so."

"Is not."

"Is so."

"Is not."

"Is so."

"Fine, you win," said Nick, "it's terrifying. Let's go to bed."

"Well if you're that scared," I said teasingly.

"Oh shut up."

———

I flicked off the light and climbed into my bed. I tried to close my eyes, but every time I did, those monsters from the movie appeared.

I eventually drifted off, but I was suddenly all over the world at once, watching those horrific monsters kill Wilbur, Dream, George and Nick, all at the same time. It was a terribly gory sight. I couldn't watch anymore. I screamed, but no one seemed to hear me. The sounds of my loved ones screams started filling my ears.

I sat straight up in a cold sweat. I walked silently to the bathroom and splashed cold water in my face. I couldn't go back to my room.

I walked silently down the hall.

I softly knocked on the door.

I turned the handle slowly.

"Nick?" I whispered, "Nick?"

"What? Rylie? Is that you?" Asked Nick. He had clearly been sleeping, and I felt bad for waking him up.

"Mind if I uh..."

"Just... c'mere," said Nick, lazily sticking his arm out to me. He pulled back the covers a bit, just enough room for me.

I just smiled as I walked over and grabbed his hand. He pulled me gently into the bed beside him. I laid down on the soft sheets and Nick threw the comforter over me. I snuggled up against him and he spooned me, wrapping his arm around my waist tightly.

"Nightmare," I whispered, "I-,"

"Shhh," said Nick, squeezing my body, "it's alright. Get some sleep, please."

"Yeah," I replied, "you too."

"Goodnight Ry," Nick whispered, his warm breath embracing my neck.

"Goodnight Nick."

———

I LOVE THIS CHAPTER🥰🥰

Also I know that Quiet Place isn't a super scary movie and Rylie is a dramatic lil ho, but it was the only remotely scary movie I've watched in a while so...

Hope y'all are enjoying this, cause my sleep schedule isn't😃🤚