9

I slowly awoke from a deep sleep and found myself exactly where I remembered being. In Nick's arms. I didn't want to move. I wanted to stay here forever. Even if we were just friends. I felt warm and safe. Protected and loved. Even if that love was nothing more than platonic.

Nick groaned slightly as he stirred. He was an attractive sleeper, his face emotionless and calm. His eyes fluttered open and met mine. He smiled as he closed his eyes again.

I laughed quietly.

"Morning," I said.

"Morning," he said, his voice still slightly raspy.

"We should get up," I said, "Dream and George are probably wonderi-,"

"Nooo," Nick whined, pulling me closer to him.

My stupid stomach started flipping a million times a minute.

"Nickkkk," I whispered, "c'mon."

"Fine," said Nick reluctantly.

We got up and I didn't bother to go get changed. I was in a hoodie and some spandex shorts. I threw my hair into a messy ponytail and headed to the kitchen.

"Good morning Rylie," said George, who seemed very cheery.

"Morning George," I said with a smile.

"Hey Rylie," said Dream, "good sleep last night?"

Oh s h i t

"Oh, uh yeah," I said, "I was surprised I got any sleep at all, that movie was terrible."

"It was," said George.

"Oh really?" Said Nick, who had entered the kitchen a short time after me, "you two didn't even make it to the ending."

George blushed hard against his pale complexion.

"So Nick," said Dream, "you're actually out of milk."

"Oh?" Said Nick, "I thought I went shopping a few days ago. I can go get some-,"

"How about me and Rylie go?" Suggested Dream.

"Yeah," I said, "just let me go change."

Dream grabbed a set of car keys and grabbed me by the arm.

"Oh you'll be fine like that," he poorly assured me as he dragged me down the hall.

———

Dream started the car and backed out of Nick's driveway. We started driving down the road, with me in the passengers seat.

"Dream?" I said, "do you even know the way to the store?"

"We don't need milk!" Yelled Dream.

"Jeez okay," I said, "then why the fuck are we driving right now?"

"What is the deal with you and Nick?" Asked Dream.

"Wh- nothing," I said.

"I've known him since I was like, 11 years old okay? George and I know somethings up," he said.

"You have no proof!" I yelled, "you guys can't just go around accusing things when you don't ev-,"

"Last night I was going to the bathroom," started Dream, "I accidentally walked into the wrong room, and you two were in bed together. Explain that."

"I had a nightmare, and Nick offered to-,"

"You're telling me that you did not hook up with Nick last night?" Asked Dream.

"WHAT?" I yelled, "okay seriously! You guys have to stop! I could just as easily accuse you and George of hooking up and I know for a fact that you wouldn't enjoy that! We are just friends and I love him so much Dream! Oh my god I love him..."

Tears started to form in my eyes.

"I just... I don't want to lose him over stuff like this. You know how the fans can get. It tears people apart. I couldn't live with myself if that happened to us. I couldn't live without Nick."

My cheeks were wet with my raw emotion.

"And I felt things last night! Don't even assume that I didn't because I did! I wanted to stay there forever Dream! Wrapped up in his arms I, well I didn't care about anything else!"

Dream stared into my eyes with sympathy.

"I'm sorry Rylie," said Dream.

"It's okay," I said, "just stop assuming things. If we were a thing, you would be the first person he would tell anyway."

"That's true," said Dream with a smile.

I dried my tears on my sleeve as Dream turned the car around. We made it back to Nicks house within a few minutes.

"We're back!" I yelled.

"So guys..." said Nick, "turns out, we actually did have milk. You guys didn't even look."

"Yeah, we know," said Dream, "George texted us."

"Hhm?" Said George, looking up from his phone, "oh yeah um, I did."

Nick shrugged, "Alright then."

———

After downing some coffee and cereal, we all sat on the couch in the living room.

"So what's up today?" I asked.

"Apparently we're going to a theme park," said George.

"No way!" I exclaimed, "I love theme parks!"

"Hell yah!" Said Nick, "it's gonna be so much fun, trust me."

"I dunno guys," Dream said hesitantly, "I'm not much of a rollercoaster person."

"Wait," I said, "is Dream afraid of rollercoasters?"

"That's what I said," said Dream with a laugh.

"Seriously?" I asked, "you can pvp with Technoblade, but you can't ride a rollercoaster?"

George snickered.

"Pathetic."